Your Call Can Make a Difference in a Child's Life
Every year, Siouxlanders make miracles happen for local children during the Caring for Kids Radiothon. Listeners pledge their support for UnityPoint Health – St. Luke's Children's Miracle Network during the Radiothon, broadcast live on KG-95. Radio personalities on the station share the heart-warming stories of children who have benefited from exceptional care thanks to generosity of individuals like you to UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Children's Miracle Network.
By making a pledge, your generosity can help change the lives of over 24,000 annual pediatric visits to UnityPoint Health - Sioux City. It is your generosity that helps these children heal. Because of your generous support, St. Luke's Children's Miracle Network has been able to fund nearly $400,000 for life-saving medical equipment, vital nursing education and impactful community programs and services in 2017. Some of our hospital's departments impacted by your support include : Pediatrics, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the Emergency Department, Rehab, Surgery, Marketing, Spiritual Care, Women & Children, Respiratory Care, and Labor & Delivery, five Community Programs including the Pediatric Injury Prevention Program, the Baby Weigh Clinic, Childbirth Education/Parental Support programs, Hearts Program (for families who've suffered the loss of a child or baby or stillbirth, the CMN Family Assistance Program, and UnityPoint Health Clinics: UnityPoint at Home, UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine, UnityPoint Clinic Urgent Care and UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Outpatient Rehab. Every donation makes a difference. Your $1 contribution can purchase 2 diapers for a 2-pound baby or 2 packs of crayons for a child in the Emergency Department. A gift of $10 buys a super hero cape, mask and wristbands for a child hospitalized in St. Luke's Pediatric Unit.
Here are just a few examples of how funds were designated in 2017:
- $1,473 for our Outpatient Pediatric Therapy Room
- $4,125 for the Pediatric Injury Prevention Program
- $6,000 for the Baby Weigh Clinic
- $7,000 for the Family Assistance Program
- $2,500 for the Annual NICU Reunion
- $300 for NICU Milestone Cards
How You Can Help
- Call 712-234-8780 during the Caring for Kid's Radiothon or Children's Miracle Network prior to the event at 279-3900 to make your donation!
- Online Donation
- Stop by St. Luke's Atrium during the LIVE broadcast to make a donation in person or meet some of our Miracle Kids!
Other Ways to Get Involved
There are even more ways you can get involved and support St. Luke's Children's Miracle Network this year during Radiothon:
- Basket Raffle: Stop by the event to check out the largest basket raffle yet. For just $1 a ticket, $5 for 6 tickets, $10 for 12 tickets or $20 for 25 tickets, you have the chance to win one of 32 amazing and creative baskets. The baskets are valued around $500 and include some great items like a Traeger camping grill, a family zoo trip, cash, an overnight gift package for the Hard Rock and many other valuable items.
- Children's Miracle Network T-Shirts: Also at the event, we will have great St. Luke's Children's Miracle Network gear for sale including this year's t-shirt with a superhero theme and last year's t-shirt will be available at bargain prices.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Radiothon is supported by the following: Phone Bank Sponsor: Sioux City Ford Lincoln; Power Hour Sponsors: AC&R, Papa John's Pizza, Seaboard Triumph Foods (double power hour) and Siouxland Obstetrics & Gynecology; Family Sponsors: Kalins Indoor Comfort and FiberComm; Giggle Break Sponsors: Jensen's Dealerships and Scooter's Coffee; Meal Sponsors: Culver's, Sunkist Bakery, Panda Express, Pastry Parlor and Wells Inc.