Our Cancer Specialists
At UnityPoint Health – Trinity, you have a team of cancer specialists on your side. Our multidisciplinary care approach ensures we consider every angle before coming up with a cancer treatment plan that's tailored to you. Our support professionals tend to your whole health and help you manage the many ways cancer can affect your life.
Multidisciplinary Cancer Care in the Quad Cities
Our cancer care team is committed to providing comprehensive, personal cancer care for the people of the Quad Cities region. Specialists with different backgrounds work together to maximize your health. They work with you to overcome any obstacles a cancer diagnosis may create in your life.
Oncology specialists include doctors, advanced practice professionals and nurses who have extensively studied the many facets of cancer care. Our highly trained cancer doctors diagnose and treat many types of cancer. Some have been caring for members of this community for decades.
Your doctors will meet regularly to develop a personalized treatment plan focused on your needs. Learn more about our cancer treatment options.
Your care team includes doctors with expertise in key areas of cancer care, including:
- Oncology surgeons who specialize in the surgical treatment of cancer
- Radiation oncologists trained in how radiation therapies treat cancer
- Medical oncologists who specialize in chemotherapy cancer treatments
Our team also includes oncology-certified nurses and oncology clinical nurse specialists. These nursing professionals receive extra training in the unique needs of people living with cancer.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be assigned a care coordinator. Our coordinators (also called oncology nurse navigators) specialize in certain types of cancer. Their training helps them understand and meet your needs.
This team member serves as a valuable resource for you to ask questions about the specifics of a condition or your treatment plan. They can also help you manage the logistics of your care journey, such as scheduling appointments.
A wide range of medical and other professionals are available to help you improve your health or assist you during the cancer treatment process. Our team includes:
- Office coordinators, the friendly faces who are often your first line of contact and who manage your appointments and medical records
- Social workers, including a dedicated oncology social worker who helps you overcome any challenges of cancer treatment or guides you to community resources that may benefit you
- Dietitians, who use their in-depth nutrition knowledge to guide you in making healthy food choices to maximize your health during cancer treatment
- Chaplains, who help meet the spiritual needs of patients and families of all beliefs and backgrounds
- Other cancer care professionals, including radiation therapists and pain management physicians, who are highly trained to assist in various parts of cancer care
Connect with a member of our trusted cancer team, easily. Find a doctor
or call 309-779-4940
to speak with one of our cancer specialists.