Visitors can be good medicine for patients, and family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, a patient's care and well-being are our primary concerns at UnityPoint Health –Marshalltown. To enhance the quality of care, specific hours have been established. Visiting hours for most hospital units are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day.
Children may visit patients on most floors and special units. However, we ask that children who are younger than 14 be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for the child's behavior. We ask that children stay in a patient's room or lounge throughout their visit.
Staying over night
If you wish to stay with your loved one overnight, please discuss this with the nursing staff so arrangements can be made.
- UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown is a tobacco-free campus. This affects both our indoor and outdoor properties. We are dedicated to providing a smoke-free environment for all patients, employees, visitors and staff. This policy complies with state law.
- Visitors must be dressed appropriately and must wear shirt and shoes.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the physician or nurse needs to see the patient.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the first floor in the Family Room and lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the emergency department.
A volunteer is on duty in the Family Room Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The volunteer is there to assist families waiting in this area during their family member's surgery.
The volunteer on duty keeps family members informed about the progress of the surgery and the patient's condition.