NICU Parent Support & Resources
- Understanding The NICU & Your Baby Booklet Online Access for more information on NICU Staff & Equipment, Understanding Premature Babies & Medical Conditions, Interacting With Your Baby, etc.
- Go to InJoyOnline.com or Text UNDERSTANDING to 99000 on your phone
- Create an account Enter Redemption Code from the back of your booklet received in the NICU.
- Feel free to contact the NICU anytime at:
- Nicview® camera log-in
- Set your baby up with MyChart. If you having troubles setting up an account, please call the MyChart Helpline at 877-244-4430.
Parent Support & Resources
- Join our UnityPoint Health-Meriter NICU Private Facebook Group-Meriter SPIN Group and our weekly in-person group.
- Check out the 7North family room for additional books and journals!
- Hand to Hold: Virtual support groups, trained peer mentors for one-on-one support, podcasts, articles, and social communities.
- Resources for navigating your experience.
- Peak-a-boo ICU
- Postpartum Support International
- Graham’s Foundation: engaging preemie parent community, care packages, and peer mentorships
- Find a tour of UW Health American Family Children's Hospital NICU
- Expecting a G-tube
- Milestone Based Discharge Planning Checklist
- Safe Sleep and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Car Seats
- Car beds
- UW Safety center at American Family Children's Hospital (AFCH)—every staff person is a certified car seat technician.
- Your nurses will provide you with a CPR kit before discharge. You'll be asked to watch the video that can be found at:
- Infant CPR Video-Online Access (English and Spanish)
- Create an account
- Enter access code: INFANTCPRANYTIME
- Home Oxygen
- Great Results After Discharge (GRAD) Clinic
- Timely nutritional follow-up to assist patients in meeting their feeding goals after discharge from the NICU.
- Developmental Follow-Up
- Covering Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services WIC
- Wisconsin Birth-to-Three Program
- Sign-up to attend one of Meriter's discharge classes before you leave the NICU.
- NICU Discharge Parent Videos
- Free Resources to Support High Risk Infants