Patients and Visitors
People are amazing — we help keep them that way.
At Jones Regional Medical Center, we offer so much more than exceptional healthcare. We also provide patients and visitors with the comforts of home, the convenience you need and helpful, compassionate service.
We believe having visitors and family present during hospitalization may help patients in their recovery. In addition, we recognize the rights of patients to have visitors while they are hospitalized. Although we do not have specific visiting hours, rest is an important part of the healing process. Our staff will work with patients to individualize visiting needs.
Effective Tuesday, January 24, 2023
COVID-19 Community Transmission Level: SUBSTANTIAL (Jones County)
At this time, visitors are welcome in our hospitals and affiliated clinics. Children of all ages are allowed to visit.
- Visitors must pass a self-screening at the front door, be in good health and not have had any exposure to COVID or currently be positive for COVID.
- We ask that if visitors or patients are having respiratory symptoms that they be given a mask to wear during their time here and keep in place covering the nose and mouth completely.
- Staff reserve the right to ask visitors to leave in the event it is not safe for the patient or the visitor to be present.
- Masks are available to anyone who may want on in addition to these guidelines.
Visitor Guidelines by Department:
- COVID Patients: May have visitors, we ask that the visitor wear a mask the entire time they are with the patient.
- Inpatient: Visitors welcome, please choose to visit at a different time if you are ill.
- Emergency Department: Due to space limitations, we ask that only 2 visitors accompany a patient at a time.
- Pediatric Patients in Emergency Room or Other Areas of the Hospital: Both parents may accompany the patient.
- Operation Room: Please remain in the OR waiting room or with the patient you’re accompanying.
- Radiology: Please limit visitors due to nature of visit. Person accompanying patient may wait in the X-Ray Waiting Area.
- Lab: Please limit visitors due to nature of visit. Person accompanying patient may wait in the Lab Waiting Area.
- Infusion Center: Please limit visitors due to the fragile health of some of our patients. Visitors may be limited by staff discretion.
- Outpatient Clinics, Work Well, Wound: Please limit visitors but up to 2 people may accompany the patient. Visitors may be limited by staff discretion.Cardio-Pulmonary Rehab, PT, OT, Speech Therapy: Please limit visitors to 1 visitor. Both parents may accompany children.
Food & Lodging
Cafeteria Hours: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Breakfast Served: 6:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Lunch Served: 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
After Hours: Please ask staff for assistance in ordering meals.
If you're looking for accommodations close to the hospital, there are two motels located in Anamosa:
- AmericInn: (319) 462-4119
- Super 8: (319) 462-3888