Number of patients waiting reflects the current number of patients waiting to be seen. This number changes frequently and is not exact.
Hours & Directions
Allen Occupational Health is an occupational medicine clinic created exclusively for work-related services and injuries. We provide a broad range of services including pre-placement post-offer exams, DOT physicals, respiratory physicals and testing, worker injury treatment, wellness services, and more.
DOT Physical Exam Requirements
To schedule your DOT physical at Allen Occupational Health, call (319) 266-3127.
This physical is mandated by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations for drivers with a Commercial Drivers License (CDL). The examination should be performed by a qualified professional who will take into account the specific requirements of the transportation industry. A summary of the regulated procedures and protocols is provided on the reverse side of the mandated DOT medical examination form entitled "Physical Examination of Drivers". The CDL driver who is physically qualified to operate a motor vehicle must carry a valid "Medical Examiner's Certificate". A DOT drug screen may be required with the physical exam depending on the type of vehicle driven.
Review the Certification / Recertification Questionnaire
Please provide supportive documents at your appointment for all of the following questions you respond "yes" to.
Drivers may be disqualified, placed on determination pending or given a short period of certification if supportive documents are not available at the time of the examination.
- We are now offering a DOT review of documents to ensure you have everything you need before your exam. Call our scheduling line at (319) 266-3127 to request this service. An additional $20 fee will be applied.
- There will be an additional charge for review of supporting documents for drivers placed in the "determination pending" status.
We can help you help your employees.
Allen EAP's Focus:
We focus on employee's personal and family issues as well as workplace concerns and job performance issues.
- Employees' personal problems can cause:
- Increased absences
- Decreased job performance
- Decreased productivity
- Workplace conflicts
- Workplace accidents
- #1 disability in the United States
- Among the top three job performance issues
- Substance Abuse
- Creates serious safety risks
- 76% of people with alcohol or drug problems are employed
- 15% report substance use or impairment at work at least once in the past year
- Allen EAP Offers:
- FREE & CONFIDENTIAL assessment, short-term counseling and referral, if needed, for employees, their spouses and their dependents.
- Licensed professional counselors to address a wide range of issues including: marital and relationship, parenting and step-parenting, grief and loss, depression and anxiety, drug and alcohol use, personal and job stress.
- Online Mental Health Screening Program: an anonymous mental health self-assessment and related information.
- 24-hour crisis HELP-line with toll-free access. Office, phone, and telehealth (virtual counseling over a computer, tablet, or smartphone) sessions available.
- Supervisory training on identifying and addressing job performance issues of under functioning employees.
- Consultations to managers for employee and workplace issues.
- Assistance in addressing workplace alcohol and drug abuse issues.
- Critical Incident Debriefing Services
Working together, we can make a difference in your workplace. Contact us to discuss the value of Allen EAP for your company.
Corporate Wellness Services
Allen Occupational Health has a physician-led wellness staff to provide comprehensive wellness services in Waterloo, Cedar Falls, and the surrounding area. Our wellness staff uses an innovative, customized approach to develop wellness programming and increase employee participation. Corporate wellness can positively impact the health of a company's workforce, increase productivity, decrease absenteeism, and increase worker satisfaction.
Onsite Wellness Screenings
Our Wellness Coordinator and qualified nursing staff can go onsite to bring a wellness screening directly to your employees. Wellness Screenings include:
- Body Composition Measurements
- Blood pressure
- 23-panel blood test (includes Fasting Glucose, Triglycerides, Total Cholesterol, HDL and LDL Cholesterol)
- Additional wellness blood tests available upon request
Health Risk Assessments (HRA)
Add the HRA to your wellness screening to further educate your employees about their health risks. Employees will receive a personal health report including:
- Chronic disease risk
- Modifiable behavioral risk
- Personal biometric data
- Recommended health screenings and exams
The company receives an aggregate data report that identifies the health needs of the employee population. This information can be used to target high-risk factors that negatively impact employee health and ultimately your bottom line.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
- Meningitis vaccination
- TB skin
- Twin Rix
- Yellow Fever
Allen Occupational Health is committed to surrounding you and your employees with the highest quality of care and we strive to meet those needs by bringing our services to you. Our newly designed, climate-controlled mobile unit is customized with two audiogram booths and sound-protective carpeting.
- On-Site nursing
- Annual audiograms (mobile testing unit)
- Fit testing
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Random drug screenings
- Respirator physicals
- Influenza vaccinations
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- TB testing
Educational Training Led by RN Nurse Instructors
- First aid
- Bloodborne pathogen
- Hearing conservation
- Influenza prevention educational session
Onsite Flu Shot Clinic Request
What remedies do you use to keep your business healthy? Schedule your flu shot clinic today!
Our seasonal flu shot clinics may be one of the most efficient and effective ways for your business to save on direct and indirect costs of the flu every year. Immunized adults reduce their lost work days and reduce doctor visits resulting in healthier employees.
Allen's onsite nurses will be accepting flu shot clinic requests now through October. To request a clinic, please contact Jean.Mcallister@unitypoint.org or (319) 859-8884.