Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Expert NICU Care in Dubuque
UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital understands that it can be scary to find out that your newborn baby requires intensive care. That's why our Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) staff provides expert care for your baby, while helping you understand your baby's needs.
Benefits of Choosing Our NICU
Our Level II Nursery has all the latest equipment and trained nurses to care for your baby. This lets your baby's provider give the best care possible within the Family Birthing Suites. Choosing to entrust your newborn's care with our compassionate and experienced team means your family gains access to:
- A nursing staff who is trained to closely monitor and care for infants from 34 weeks gestation or greater.
- A NICU that is specialized in caring for a full range of intensive needs for infants, including infants who require oxygen, IV therapy, monitoring or other special medical needs.
- An environment to best support baby's development.
- Encouraged family involvement with baby's care and ongoing emotional support from care team.
- Privacy for your family as you bond with your baby.
Mother's Milk Bank of Iowa
Finley is proud to partner with the Mother's Milk Bank of Iowa to offer donor human milk. Donor human milk is available for both preemies and term babies. Check with our Family Birthing Suites staff to learn more about this option.
When Your Baby is in the NICU
If your baby is born prematurely or with special medical needs, the physicians, Neonatal Nurse Practitioners, and nursing staff of UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital Level II NICU are fully equipped to provide the advanced technology and expertise to promote the best outcomes possible for your precious newborn. Click here to learn important information about what to expect when your baby is in the NICU.