Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Program
In the United States, oral, head and neck (OHN) cancers affect 40,000 people a year. It includes cancer in the head or neck region, including the nasal cavity, sinuses, lips, mouth, thyroid glands, salivary glands, throat, or larynx (voice box).
At John Stoddard Cancer Center, we are committed to caring for patients with oral, head or neck cancer and will be here for you and your family every step of the way. We use a multidisciplinary team approach bringing together many different specialties to discuss the best practice for our patients to help ensure the best outcomes. Using our extensive experience dealing with every stage of this disease, our cutting-edge treatments and vast resources, we will do everything we can to help.
Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Survivor
Read Doug's amazing story of faith, courage and hope, all written in his own words. Thank you Doug for your willingness to share and to educate our community about oral, head and neck cancers.
Resources for Oral, Head and Neck cancer patients at John Stoddard Cancer Center include:
- Cancer care coordinators who provide education, guidance and support throughout each patient's journey and help access resources at Stoddard and in the community.
- Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Support Group for patients and their loved ones.
- Radiation oncologists who employ state-of-the-art radiation therapy tools to treat colorectal cancer patients accurately and effectively.
- Support services including social workers, psychologists, chaplains, and an on-staff clinical dietitian to help with swallowing, tasting or eating challenges.
- Survivorship Program to provide patients with the needed support following treatment. Our program focuses on the health and life of a person with cancer beyond the diagnosis and treatment phases
- Information on oral cancer and head and neck cancer, including signs, symptoms, treatment, risk factors, diagnosis, and support
- National and Local Online Resources for Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Patients