On the Horizon of Oncology Nursing: Advancements in Cancer Care and Treatment
Our 2019 Oncology Nursing Conference will be held November 7 and 8 at the Kelley Conference Center.
Dedication to a higher standard of cancer treatment demands a comprehensive regional treatment facility. The John Stoddard Cancer Center pulls together all facets of cancer care and treatment - dedicated professionals, educational programs, innovative technology and services necessary to provide effective treatment and continue leading the fight. It is important that all cancer patients receive the best care possible from the healthcare professionals who care for them.
We are pleased that you are taking this opportunity to enhance your knowledge base and skill level and will join us in the fight against cancer - after all, we're in this fight together. To learn more about the services and treatment options offered at the John Stoddard cancer center, click here.
The conference will include topics and speakers previous attendees have requested, such as:
Thursday, November 7
- Review neoadjuvant protocols for the management of colorectal cancer.
- Identify interventions to support patients and families undergoing chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T cell) therapy.
- Summarize the benefits of a specialty clinic to treat the unique needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) cancer survivors.
- Discuss new treatment options for the management of triple negative breast cancer.
- Discuss neoadjuvant protocols for the management of pancreatic cancer.
- Describe the relationship of breast density to breast cancer risk.
Friday, November 8
- Relate evidence from the THRIVE Program to implications for nursing practice in oncology.
- Evaluate the use of genomic tests for treatment planning.
- Discuss the role of poly-ADP ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitors in the management of ovarian cancer.
- Recognize ways art therapy supports a patient's ability to cope physically, mentally and spiritually into survivorship while managing anxiety and stress.
Ovarian Cancer Update
Des Moines THRIVE - Part 1
Des Moines THRIVE - Part 2
IMMC RN - 2019
Triple Negative Breast
Day 2 Documents
AC-H Ovarian Cancer
Des Moines Thrive - Day 2 - Part 1
Des Moines Thrive - Day 2 - Part 2