About Festival of Trees
Blank Children's Hospital is proud to announce the 38th Annual Festival of Trees & Lights will be back in person for 2021 at the Iowa Events Center.
This annual event is the largest fundraiser for Blank Children's Hospital and is a central Iowa tradition to kick off the holiday season. The 38th Annual Festival of Trees & Lights will feature: A guided, one-way path to view the beautifully decorated trees and read impactful stories of children cared for at Blank Children's. In addition, visitors can shop the Holiday Gift Shop or purchase specialty bakery items participate in a ginger-bread contest, Children's activities will be available to-go for more Festival fun at home!
Your attendance means you are supporting valuable programs at Blank Children's Hospital. Programs that would not be possible without the generous support of our community.
When: 3 Days Only: Friday, November 26 to Sunday, November 28
- Friday, November 26 - 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 27 - 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, November 28 - 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Iowa Events Center, Veterans Memorial Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center
833 5th Avenue | Des Moines, IA 50309
Tickets: Get your tickets online in advance and choose your 2-hour times lot. Tickets are $5 per person, 2 and younger are free. Timeslots are limited due to COVID precautions. Masks are required for all attendees ages 2 and over.
COVID-19 Safety Measures for the 38th Annual Festival of Trees & Lights:
- The 5-day event will be a 3-day event (Friday – Sunday, Nov. 26-28).
- We encourage online ticket sales with timed entry to limit the number of visitors at the event during one time.
- Masks will be required for anyone over the age of 2.
- A guided, one-way path to view the beautifully decorated trees will be implemented.
- Craft activities for children and bakery items will be sold and packaged to-go.
- We will not have any live entertainment, kids' activities, or Santa on site this year.
We invite you to attend Festival, volunteer at Festival or support Festival by making a contribution, or decorating a tree.