Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
Close • Convenient • Caring • Confidential
UnityPoint Health - Allen Hospital provides comprehensive OB/GYN services to women in the Cedar Valley and surrounding area. We offer women's healthcare services ranging from complete obstetrics and gynecology services to childbirth and midwifery services. Our experienced caregivers provide individual care for women of all ages, and in all stages of life.
Allen Radiology uses a 3D ultrasound technique during pregnancy, providing three dimensional images of the fetus which are captured and turned into a 4D ultrasound motion image.
Allen has a professional photographer to capture your adorable baby. Click here to see baby photos.
Childbirth Education Classes & Family-Centered Education
Allen Hospital offers a variety of informational classes to help prepare expectant mothers and their families for the experience of childbirth and parenting. It is our goal to provide evidence based information in a fun and relaxing atmosphere.
Classes are offered at various times throughout the year to help meet the needs of expectant families. Class size is limited and enrollment is based on first come, first served basis. We reserve the right to cancel or shorten a class due to low enrollment. To ensure class registration, payment must be received one week prior to class.
See classes available and register.
- High-risk obstetrical care
- Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) consultations available as an outpatient at St. Luke's Hospital in Cedar Rapids
- Infertility evaluation and treatment
- Midwifery care with individualized support
- Pre-conception services
- Postpartum birth control options
- Abnormal pap smear evaluation and treatment
- Allen Center for Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System
- Essure (permanent birth control method)
- Gynecological problem diagnosis and treatment, including surgery
- Menopausal evaluation and treatment
- Premenstrual syndrome evaluation and treatment
- Tubal ligation
- Urinary tract and vaginal infection evaluation and treatment
UnityPoint Health - Allen Hospital has been designated a Minimally Invasive Gynecology Center of Excellence by the AAGL (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists) and Surgical Review Corporation.
The COEMIG program recognizes surgeons and facilities that demonstrate an unparalleled commitment and ability to consistently deliver safe, effective, evidence-based care. The program is structured to help minimally invasive gynecologic surgery providers continuously improve care quality and patient safety.
To achieve this recognition we created and implemented clinical & surgical pathways as well as standard orders for our Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic procedures. Our clinical pathways cover many areas such as intraoperative anesthesia, perioperative care, counseling of patients, and fluid management. We also require a full complement of consultative services for our patients which include Vascular & General Surgeons, Urologist, Radiologist, Gynecologist, Anesthesiologist, and a Critical Care Specialist.
Main Lobby of Greenhill Medical Group
Separate Allen OB/GYN Lobby Area
New Patient Exam Rooms
Onsite Ultrasound Room