Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
Caring for women of every age, through every stage
From annual exams to mammograms, prenatal care to post-menopausal guidance, trust UnityPoint Clinic physicians and midwives for exceptional care throughout all stages of life. With locations in Waterloo and Cedar Falls, we offer convenience and a promise to help keep you healthy.
Our providers are welcoming new patients.
- High-risk obstetrical care
- CenteringPregnancy® group prenatal care
- Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) consultations available as an outpatient at St. Luke's Hospital in Cedar Rapids
- Infertility evaluation and treatment
- Midwifery care with individualized support
- Pre-conception services
- Postpartum birth control options
- Abnormal pap smear evaluation and treatment
- Allen Center for Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery for less pain and faster recovery
- Essure (permanent birth control method)
- Gynecological problem diagnosis and treatment, including surgery
- Menopausal evaluation and treatment
- Premenstrual syndrome evaluation and treatment
- Tubal ligation
- Urinary tract and vaginal infection evaluation and treatment
Center of Excellence
UnityPoint Health - Allen Hospital has been designated a Minimally Invasive Gynecology Center of Excellence by the AAGL (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists) and Surgical Review Corporation.
This program recognizes surgeons and facilities that demonstrate a remarkable commitment and ability to consistently deliver safe, effective, evidence-based care. It helps minimally invasive3 gynecologic surgery providers continuously improve quality and safety.
To achieve this recognition we created and implemented clinical & surgical pathways as well as standard orders for our Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic procedures. Our clinical pathways cover many areas such as intraoperative anesthesia, perioperative care, counseling of patients, and fluid management. We also require a full complement of consultative services for our patients which include Vascular & General Surgeons, Urologist, Radiologist, Gynecologist, Anesthesiologist, and a Critical Care Specialist.