Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
From family planning to meeting your new little one. Annual exams to menopausal guidance. We got this!
More than 100 years of experience means we're a strong team. It means we've seen so many amazing moments. It means we got this – no matter that means for you.
From planning your future to improving your quality of life, birth control can be an important part of your health care plan. Discover the different options available and contact us to help find the best plan for your unique needs.
- Abnormal pap smear evaluation and treatment
- Allen Center for Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery for less pain and faster recovery
- Essure (permanent birth control method)
- Gynecological problem diagnosis and treatment, including surgery
- Menopausal evaluation and treatment
- Premenstrual syndrome evaluation and treatment
- Tubal ligation
- Urinary tract and vaginal infection evaluation and treatment
Center of Excellence
UnityPoint Health - Allen Hospital has been designated a Minimally Invasive Gynecology Center of Excellence by the AAGL (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists) and Surgical Review Corporation.
This program recognizes surgeons and facilities that demonstrate a remarkable commitment and ability to consistently deliver safe, effective, evidence-based care. It helps minimally invasive gynecologic surgery providers continuously improve quality and safety.
To achieve this recognition we created and implemented clinical & surgical pathways as well as standard orders for our Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic procedures. Our clinical pathways cover many areas such as intraoperative anesthesia, perioperative care, counseling of patients, and fluid management. We also require a full complement of consultative services for our patients which include Vascular & General Surgeons, Urologist, Radiologist, Gynecologist, Anesthesiologist, and a Critical Care Specialist.