Gifts and Floral
Merchandise is available for online purchase and delivery at our Quad Cities campuses. Our patients and visitors at Trinity Muscatine can visit the in-store location or call the gift shop at (563) 264-9100.
Patients and visitors may use cell phones within the hospital except around certain types of equipment. Please ask your nurse if you have specific questions regarding usage. When using your cell phone, we ask that you take calls or make calls in a private area. This is to respect private patient information and to maintain a low level of noise in patient care areas.
Access to telephones is provided for each patient. Local calls can be made from your room by dialing "9" and then the phone number. To place a call within the hospital, dial the last four digits of the number.
For long distance calls please dial "0" and the hospital operator will assist you. All long distance calls must be:
- Charged to a credit card
- Called collect to the number being dialed
- Billed to a third party
Friends and relatives may call directly to your room. Please check with your nurse or the hospital operator for the direct number to your room.
Telephones are turned on to accept outside calls from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Cable television is available in each patient room. A staff member will explain the use of the TV when you arrive. Please be considerate of other patients by playing TV sets softly and by turning off your set at bedtime. Ask your nurse for any further information.
Free patient and visitor parking is located in front of the hospital and near the emergency entrances.
At Trinity, we strive to treat more than just the body. Our services include an extensive pastoral department, the Parish Nurse Program that brings nursing experts into area churches and provide information on advance care planning.
Pastoral care provides 24/7 coverage for the Quad Cities Trinity campuses. Full- and part-time chaplains are on location each weekday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Trinity Rock Island. During evening and weekend hours on-call services are available. Referrals can be made through other staff members, including nurses, case managers, dietitians, medical staff and other support staff.
During business hours, chaplains respond to all Code Blue and Trauma Alerts and patient care staff are strongly encouraged to offer pastoral care to families at the time of a patient death.
The Pastoral Care department staff responds to the spiritual needs of patients, families and staff through:
- Chaplain visits
- Training and supervision of volunteer visitors
- Spiritually oriented music on the closed circuit system
- Chapel- and unit-based worship services
- Post-crisis staff debriefings
- Perinatal and general grief follow-up care
- Ethics consultations
- Distribution of sacraments
- Participation in unit interdisciplinary staffing
- Facilitates individual advance care planning consultations and makes community presentations promoting the importance of such discussions
- Facilitates the ministry of area clergy to their own parishioners by notifying churches of hospitalized members and providing patient information allowed by HIPPA regulations
We offer free wireless internet services to you as a part of our continuing effort to make your stay at our Trinity* Quad Cities campuses as comfortable and convenient as possible. In order to use this service, you must have a notebook computer, tablet computer, hand-held computer or smart phone with the following capabilities:
- Wireless adapter
- Internet browser
- Latest security patches and anti-virus updates
To maximize your enjoyment of this service, follow these directions to access the internet through this network:
- Right-click on the Wireless Network Connection icon in your system tray and select View Available Wireless Networks.
- Locate and select the wireless service called "UnityPoint Guest WiFi."
- Connect to UnityPoint Guest WiFi.
- When you agree, you will be directed to the UnityPoint Health home page, where you can browse to your desired website.
Please note: There are a few limitations with this service that you should be aware of before getting started. Certain sites that are considered obscene, offensive or otherwise objectionable are unavailable as a courtesy to our other patrons. We also ask that you refrain from playing music or making other audible sounds in a way that disrupts our patrons. Wireless service may not be available in all areas of Trinity and may be weak in some areas. Wireless internet access will be denied if your wireless device is detected as having a virus or otherwise poses a risk to the hospital's network.
Technical support is available for your wireless internet access. If you are experiencing problems, contact the toll-free support line at (877) 374-0229 for assistance. Our patient care providers are not trained on the wireless internet service and will only be able to refer you to the support line.
To protect your personal belongings, we suggest storing your computer and other valuables out of sight when not in use.
*Trinity Muscatine does not currently offer wireless internet access.