Healing Through Gratitude
You want to say "thank you" and we can help. The philanthropy team at UnityPoint Health – Meriter partners closely with our caregivers to provide opportunities for patients and loved ones to share their gratitude.
Here are four ways you can say thank you:
Make a charitable contribution in honor of a physician, nurse, volunteer, team member or department that made an impact during your experience at UnityPoint Health – Meriter. Each caregiver will be recognized among their peers with a message of thanks from the donor and receive a lapel pin and certificate honoring their outstanding care.
Nominate a registered nurse from the hospital or clinic for the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses. DAISY Award nominations are submitted and reviewed by a panel. One to two registered nurses receive The DAISY Award each quarter and are recognized with this honor in front of their peers.
Volunteer your time at our hospital through the UnityPoint Health – Meriter Volunteer Services Program. Meriter is always looking for energetic people who want to share their time and talents. Volunteers are required to make a two to four hour weekly commitment for a minimum of nine months.
Share your story about how Meriter's team members made a positive impact on your care. Many patients and families members tell us why they are grateful and show how caregivers at Meriter made a difference.
Words of Gratitude
- "Words do not describe how wonderful, kind, caring and above all gentle, in every form of the word, they were with my father."
- "I will always remember how you helped make our experience better and helped us leave feeling more confident and less stressed."
- "From the moment I walked in the door starting with registration to each nurse, doctor, etc., I could not have been more impressed with my care."
- "I never felt like I was just a number. We shareda lot of laughs and for as scary as it started, it ended being one of, if not the most positive medical treatments I've ever received."
- "My son is perfect because of the amazing care he received from everyone at Meriter. Thank you could never begin to describe the gratitude I have for all you've done for him."