Healing Through Gratitude
You want to say thank you. We can help.
The UnityPoint Health – Meriter Foundation team is here to help you share your gratitude in a way that's most meaningful to you.
Here are four ways you can share your thanks:
Make a gift in honor of a caregiver or unit that made an impact during your stay or experience at UnityPoint Health – Meriter. Each physician, nurse, volunteer, support team member or department will be recognized among their peers with a message of thanks from the donor and receive a lapel pin and certificate honoring their outstanding care.
Nominate a registered nurse (RN) for the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses. DAISY Award nominations are submitted and reviewed by a panel. Each quarter, one or two registered nurses (hospital or clinic) receive the DAISY Award and are recognized with this honor in front of their peers.
Volunteer your time at the hospital through the Volunteer Services Program. Meriter is always looking for energetic people who want to share their time and talents. Volunteers are asked to make a 2–4-hour weekly commitment for a minimum of nine months.
Share your story about how Meriter's dedicated team members made a positive impact on your care.
Words of Gratitude
- "Words do not describe how wonderful, kind, caring and above all gentle, in every form of the word, they were with my father."
- "I will always remember how you helped make our experience better and helped us leave feeling more confident and less stressed."
- "From the moment I walked in the door starting with registration to each nurse, doctor, etc., I could not have been more impressed with my care."
- "I never felt like I was just a number. We shared a lot of laughs and for as scary as it started, it ended being one of, if not the most positive medical treatments I've ever received."
- "My son is perfect because of the amazing care he received from everyone at Meriter. Thank you could never begin to describe the gratitude I have for all you've done for him."