Healing Through Gratitude
You want to say "thank you" and we can help. The philanthropy team at UnityPoint Health – Meriter partners closely with our caregivers to provide opportunities for patients and loved ones to share their gratitude.
Here are four ways you can say thank you:
Pinnacle Caregiver Program
Make a charitable contribution through the Pinnacle Caregiver Program in honor of a physician, nurse, volunteer, team member or department that made an impact during your experience at UnityPoint Health – Meriter. Each Pinnacle Caregiver is recognized among their peers with a message of thanks from the donor, lapel pin and certificate honoring their outstanding care. Click here to make a gift in honor of a Pinnacle Caregiver.
DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses
Nominate a registered nurse from the hospital or clinic for the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses. DAISY Award nominations are submitted and reviewed by a panel. One to two registered nurses receive The DAISY Award each quarter and are recognized with this honor in front of their peers. Click here to nominate a registered nurse for the DAISY Award.
Volunteer Your Time
Volunteer your time at our hospital through the UnityPoint Health – Meriter Volunteer Services Program. Meriter is always looking for energetic people who want to share their time and talents. Volunteers are required to make a two to four hour weekly commitment for a minimum of nine months. Click here to Volunteer Your Time.
Share Your Story
Share your story about how Meriter's team members made a positive impact on your care. Many patients and families members tell us why they are grateful and show how caregivers at Meriter made a difference. Click here to Share Your Story.
Words of Gratitude
- "Words do not describe how wonderful, kind, caring and above all gentle, in every form of the word, they were with my father."
- "I will always remember how you helped make our experience better and helped us leave feeling more confident and less stressed."
- "From the moment I walked in the door starting with registration to each nurse, doctor, etc., I could not have been more impressed with my care."
- "I never felt like I was just a number. We shareda lot of laughs and for as scary as it started, it ended being one of, if not the most positive medical treatments I've ever received."
- "My son is perfect because of the amazing care he received from everyone at Meriter. Thank you could never begin to describe the gratitude I have for all you've done for him.