Number of patients waiting reflects the current number of patients waiting to be seen. This number changes frequently and is not exact.
Hours & Directions
At St. Luke's Work Well Solutions, we understand business – your business. We partner with more than 400 companies to solve their business health needs. We work to develop a customized program to keep both your employees and business healthy and safe. St. Luke's Work Well Solutions was the first to offer business health services in the area, and we continue to have the most comprehensive range of services, available at both our Cedar Rapids location and at Jones Regional Medical Center Occupational Medicine.
- Bloodborne pathogen exposures follow-up and education
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals and drug testing
- Drug and alcohol testing, including DOT consortium services
- Employee assistance program
- Hearing testing
- Onsite flu shot clinics
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) surveillance exams
- Physical capacity profile functional testing
- Police and fire employee physical examinations, including 411
- Post-offer / pre-employment physicals
- Respiratory testing and certification
- Vision testing
- Work site education and ergonomics programs
- Wellness services
- Workers' compensation injury care
- Fit-for-duty exams
- Supervisor training – drug free workplace
Schedule your Department of Transportation (DOT) physical at Work Well Clinic by calling (319) 369-7173.
A DOT physical is mandated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) for drivers with a Commercial Driver's License (CDL). The examination must be performed by a qualified professional who will take into account the specific requirements of the transportation industry. St. Luke's Work Well Solutions has several FMCSA Certified Medical Examiners.
A summary of the regulated procedures and protocols is provided on the reverse side of the mandated DOT medical examination form. A CDL driver who is physically qualified to operate a motor vehicle must carry a valid "Medical Examiner's Certificate." A DOT drug screen may be required with the physical exam depending on the type of vehicle driven.
Sleep Studies are completed at Eastern Iowa Sleep Center.
Timeline for sleep studies
- 1-2 weeks for sleep medicine consult at Physicians' Clinic of Iowa
- 1-3 weeks potential wait for insurance authorization and diagnostic sleep study
- 1 week for sleep study result at Eastern Iowa Sleep Center
- 1-3 weeks for insurance authorization for positive airway pressure (PAP) equipment and durable medical equipment (DME) appointment
- 3-4 weeks for compliance data generation on PAP treatment
- Potentially up to 17-18 weeks
As part of St. Luke's Hospital, we provide 24-hour treatment for drug testing, work-related injuries or illness. If the Work Well Clinic is closed, St. Luke's has four walk-in clinics (Urgent Care and Express locations) that can treat your employees and make sure all the information gets back to the Work Well Clinic.