Jones Regional Medical Center Occupational Medicine
Today's Hours: Closed
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Jones Regional Medical Center's Work Well is an occupational medicine clinic created exclusively for work-related services and injuries. We provide physicals, worker's comp treatment and follow-up, vaccinations, wellness screenings, drug screenings, counseling and more. Work Well is supported by our 24-hour emergency department , Urgent Care and laboratory services, as well as our weekday therapy and rehabilitation services.
Jones Regional Medical Center wants all businesses to be a safe place for both employees and the customers they serve. Because of this, we provide a wide range of employee education and training including:
- Bloodborne pathogens
- First aid
- Heart saver baby CPR
- Proper body mechanics
- Office ergonomics
- Exercise and stretching programs
- Reading food labels
- Controlling portion sizes
- Weight management
- Healthy eating
- Drugs and alcohol: the effects of impairment in the workplace
- Managing stress in the workplace
- Preventing diabetes
- Other topics as requested
Counseling can help with anger management and be a helpful source during those times of personal adjustment to foreseen and unforeseen life stressors and transitions which can improve workplace behavior and promote a safe workplace. Our counseling partners with physical rehabilitation services when it is apparent this would be beneficial to rehabilitation.
Counseling at Jones Regional Medical Center can be an opportunity to change non-helpful patterns and enhance personal development. Regular appointments can often be scheduled within one week.
Preventative services are an important part of controlling excessive workers compensation costs. Physicals can be tailored to your company's specific job duties and requirements:
- FAA Flight Physicals for class 2 & 3
- Pre-employment/post job offer physicals
- DOT and non-DOT physicals
- Job task evaluations
- Return to work after illness/injury evaluations
- Respirator clearance
- Post-accident visit and rechecks
- Impairment ratings
- Immigration physicals
Work-related injuries often require specialized rehabilitation to get employees back to work as quickly and safely as possible. Therapists at Jones Regional Medical Center have experience specializing in rehabilitating injuries that occur on the job. Our physical and occupational therapy staff focus on educating patients on proper body mechanics and ergonomics while performing functional work-simulation activities needed for their specific job.
Jones Regional Medical Center rehabilitation staff also offer a number of other services for businesses:
- Ergonomic job site analysis - onsite evaluation of a workplace and follow-up recommendations for work-site modifications to promote worker safety.
- Job Task Assessments are a brief evaluation of a prospective or new employee's essential job functions, such as lifting or carrying.
- Educational programs - topics include: proper body mechanics and prevention of low back pain, workstation and office ergonomics, prevention of cumulative trauma disorders, and onsite exercise and stretching programs.
Work Well partners with Jones Regional Lab services to offer testing for both drug and alcohol screening. Reasons for testing may include:
- Random testing
- Reasonable suspicion
- Return to duty
- Post accident