Orthopaedic Center of Excellence
The Orthopaedic Center at Methodist West Hospital is designed as a healing environment to meet the specific needs of our orthopaedic patients. Each patient room provides a comfortable atmosphere for our patients and families. There are family space and accommodations for a loved one to stay overnight. Our private patient rooms include a patient lounge chair specifically designed to accommodate patients' bending restrictions following hip surgery.
Working together to provide the best care
By working closely together, UnityPoint Health - Des Moines and DMOS Orthopaedic Centers are able to provide:
- Superior patient safety through better physician and nurse communication.
- A collaborative team of caregivers to reduce our patient's length of stay.
- Better patient outcomes by involving all members of the care team in the decision making process.
Total Joint Replacement Education
This is education to prepare you and your support person for your upcoming total joint replacement and care at home after your transition from the hospital. Your surgeon strongly encourages you and your support person to watch the video below before the day of your surgery. Please write down questions you have and bring them with you to the hospital. The orthopaedic team will be happy to answer them during your stay. If you have questions that can't wait until your hospital admission, please call (515) 343-1300.
- Total Joint Replacement Booklet
- Comfort Menu
- Constipation after Orthopedic Surgery Handout
- Frequently Asked Questions about Total Joint Replacement Surgery