High-Quality Surgical Care
Our surgeons treat many routine and complex problems, including hernia, hemorrhoids and chronic (long-term) reflux. Our general surgeons are skilled in traditional (open) and minimally invasive techniques. For certain problems, you can have outpatient surgery and be resting at home hours after treatment.
Conditions we treat include:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Pancreas and biliary (bile duct) disorders
- Thyroid disorders
Our surgeons specialize in breast and colon cancer care.
- Colon cancer: We offer comprehensive colon cancer care, including screening, diagnosis and treatment. Our expanding colonoscopy services give you more scheduling options to protect your health with less disruption to your day. Our surgeons can perform colon cancer surgery using tiny incisions, treating cancer effectively with less impact on your life.
- Breast cancer: We diagnose and treat cancer using the latest techniques and diagnostic tests, such as 3D mammograms. Our close partnership with UnityPoint Clinic Norma Schmoker Women's Center makes it easier for women to receive breast screening, diagnostic, treatment and follow-up services. The women's center is conveniently located near our surgery clinic.
Our vascular surgeon cares for common and complex problems affecting blood vessels outside the heart. We offer the latest care, including advanced imaging and stenting devices, to evaluate and treat conditions affecting the circulatory system, including:
- Aortic aneurysms
- Carotid stenosis
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Varicose veins
UnityPoint Clinic Surgery physicians and staff are committed to the effective, lifelong treatment of morbid obesity. Surgical weight loss is not an easy, quick fix for obesity. It is the beginning of a lifelong commitment to health. Dedication to proper diet, exercise and mental health is crucial to obtaining the best results. Surgery is a tool that allows the bariatric team to guide our patients back to health. If you are ready - we are here to help!
Meet Your Goal With Our Team
Our weight loss surgery team, each with many years of experience in dealing with overweight and morbidly obese patients, includes a dietitian, psychiatric counselor, nurse coordinator, and surgeon. We feel that expert care is only available with this comprehensive team approach, and we are committed to providing weight loss surgery in the safest manner possible.
Weight Loss Surgery May Be an Answer to Many Chronic Conditions
Excessive weight affects your life - how you look, how you feel, and the things you can or can't do. Obesity can also affect how long you live. Carrying excess weight increases your risk of developing diabetes, heart disease, cancer and other life-threatening medical conditions. But, it doesn't have to - studies show significant weight loss may improve, or even resolve, these conditions.