Types of Surgery in Fort Dodge, IA
Get high-quality surgical care for a broad range of health problems, close to home. At UnityPoint Health in Fort Dodge, we customize your care to address your symptoms. We choose the least-invasive way that's right for you. Minimally invasive surgery helps many people experience less pain and get back to the activities they love sooner after surgery.
Our Surgical Specialties
Our specialty clinics are connected to Trinity Regional Medical Center, enabling us to provide more of the care you need in one place. UnityPoint Clinic's skilled surgery team has decades of experience performing general, vascular and breast procedures. Learn more about our surgery services.
Our surgeons treat many routine and complex problems, including hernia, hemorrhoids and chronic (long-term) reflux. Our general surgeons are skilled in traditional (open) and minimally invasive techniques. For certain problems, you can have outpatient surgery and be resting at home hours after treatment.
Conditions we treat include:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Pancreas and biliary (bile duct) disorders
- Thyroid disorders
Our surgeons specialize in breast and colon cancer care.
- Colon cancer: We offer comprehensive colon cancer care, including screening, diagnosis and treatment. Our expanding colonoscopy services give you more scheduling options to protect your health with less disruption to your day. Our surgeons can perform colon cancer surgery using tiny incisions, treating cancer effectively with less impact on your life.
- Breast cancer: We diagnose and treat cancer using the latest techniques and diagnostic tests, such as 3D mammograms. Our close partnership with UnityPoint Clinic Norma Schmoker Women's Center makes it easier for women to receive breast screening, diagnostic, treatment and follow-up services. The women's center is conveniently located near our surgery clinic.
Our vascular surgeon cares for common and complex problems affecting blood vessels outside the heart. We offer the latest care, including advanced imaging and stenting devices, to evaluate and treat conditions affecting the circulatory system, including:
- Aortic aneurysms
- Carotid stenosis
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Varicose veins
Additional Surgery Services Near You
UnityPoint Health coordinates with Trinity Regional Medical Center and area specialists to offer you additional surgical expertise in the Fort Dodge area. Services include:
- Ear, nose & throat (ENT) surgery to help children and adults manage sudden or long-term issues, such as chronic sinusitis, that affect how you breathe, sleep and eat.
- Podiatry surgery treats problems that affect the foot or ankle, including injuries and infection, in children and adults.
- OB/GYN surgery can help women care for their reproductive health at every age and stage, including pregnancy and menopause.
- Ophthalmology surgery addresses eye and vision problems, such as cataracts.
- Orthopedic surgery, through a partnership with CNOS, can treat arthritis, sports injuries or other issues that limit how well your body moves.
- Urology surgery can treat problems affecting the urinary tract, such as the kidney and bladder, and pelvic organs, like the prostate.
Find a surgeon that fits your unique needs, easily. Find a doctor or call 515-573-3101 to connect with a member of our experienced surgical care team.