Surgery Services in Fort Dodge, IA
When you need surgery for a wide range of medical concerns, you can receive comprehensive surgical care from seasoned experts in Fort Dodge, Iowa. UnityPoint Health's experienced surgeons provide leading-edge care, close to home.
UnityPoint Clinic's skilled surgery team uses minimally invasive and traditional (open) techniques to perform many general, vascular and breast procedures. We work with Trinity Regional Medical Center to address your needs before and after surgery, in one convenient location.
Find a surgeon that fits your unique needs, easily. Find a doctor or call 515-574-6865 to connect with a member of our experienced surgical care team.
Get High-Quality Surgical Care in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health provides coordinated, compassionate surgical care to the Fort Dodge and surrounding communities. We make it easier for you to get the care you need so that you can focus on your recovery and well-being.
- Breadth of services: We can diagnose and treat both routine and complex problems. Our general surgeons regularly perform appendectomies, hernia repairs and colon surgeries, with excellent results. Our team has specialized expertise in treating breast cancer and vascular diseases, such as peripheral artery disease. Find out about types of surgery we offer.
- Highly skilled surgeons: Our surgical care team has years of experience. Some of our surgeons have cared for families in this community for more than two decades. All UnityPoint Clinic surgeons are trauma certified. They can provide lifesaving care in the most serious circumstances.
- Convenience: Our specialty clinics are connected to Trinity Regional Medical Center. We can provide all your care at one convenient location. Our clinic teams work seamlessly with hospital surgical staff to coordinate your care before, during and after surgery.
- Minimally invasive surgery: Laparoscopic surgery uses small instruments and tiny incisions. The minimally invasive approach may mean you spend less time in the hospital or recover faster. Less-invasive surgery options include laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) for gallstones and laparoscopic hernia surgery.
- Increased access: Our team performs certain general surgeries and colonoscopy screenings at nearby Humboldt County Memorial Hospital. This effort makes it possible for people living in the northernmost parts of Iowa to receive high-quality surgical care without the hardship of extensive travel.
- Wound care expertise: We work closely with Trinity Wound Healing Center to care for wounds and other sores that develop related to surgery or other reasons. Our specialists use the latest treatments, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which no other local center offers. Learn more about Trinity Wound Healing Center.
Our team specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Common health problems, such as gallstones, hernia and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Cancer, including breast and colon cancer
- Vascular diseases, such as peripheral artery disease
- Wounds and open sores, such as diabetic ulcers and wounds that don't heal
We also coordinate with providers to offer local surgical expertise in additional specialties, including:
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN)