Midwife Services in Des Moines
Making sound decisions is key to good health care, and our Certified Nurse Midwives want you to take an active role in making the right decisions for yourself and your family. At Midwife Services, women can expect a safe, personalized experience. Our modern-day midwives are Certified Nurse Midwives/Nurse Practitioners who offer care throughout a woman's lifespan, from adolescents through adulthood, providing services for puberty, pregnancy, childbirth, gynecological care, and menopause in Central Iowa.
Schedule an Appointment
Scheduling care with the Certified Nurse Midwives is easy! To learn more about our services, or to schedule the next available appointment, give us a call at (515) 309-6011 or request an appointment online now.
Midwifery Team & Locations
Our midwives treat women of all ages at three convenient Central Iowa locations:
3714 Ingersoll Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312
Monday - Friday
407 E. Main Street
Marshalltown, IA 50158
Located in UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown Multi-Specialty
* Mondays only
1152 SE Ashworth Road
Waukee, IA 50263
Located in UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine - Kettlestone
Meet Our Certified Nurse Midwives
Birth Care Services
- We are a hospital-based practice, which means your baby will be born at Iowa Methodist Medical Center or Methodist West Hospital.
- We believe in accommodating your needs, whether that means a natural birth or the use of epidurals.
- We provide ultrasounds from within our clinic.
- When you are admitted in labor, one of our midwives will be present to deliver your baby as well as provide supportive care during the labor process.
- The safety of you and your baby always comes first. We work with the OB physicians, and, should it become necessary, we can involve them in the birth process at any point
Care provided by nurse-midwives is characterized by low rates of induced labor, episiotomies or Cesarean sections (C-sections).
Over a six month average, our rates are:
- C-Sections: 10%
- Inductions: 13%
Women's Care Services
- We offer routine GYN care and reproductive counseling.
- We manage and treat common health problems for adolescents during puberty and women going through menopause.
- We provide annual well-woman exams, vaccinations, fertility counseling, referral for mammography, laboratory testing or specialist consultations.
- We can discuss natural family planning or find the type of birth control right for you.
- Our practice guidelines provide for medical consultation, collaboration and referral, and are in accordance with the Standards for the Practice of Midwifery, as defined by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
Get started with your personalized care today by downloading our registration forms. Bring these completed forms to your first appointment.
Even before she was pregnant, Hazel knew she would choose midwifery care. Read more about her decision and why she likes Midwife Services at UnityPoint Health - Des Moines.