College Student Volunteer
Volunteers at Iowa Methodist, Methodist West, Blank Children's Hospital and Iowa Lutheran make a difference for our patients, families and staff. College volunteers must commit to two semesters or 6 months. We no longer do Summer only placements.
College student volunteers need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to commit to volunteering one shift, for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters or six months (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer).
- Must complete an application, health screening, attend an orientation/placement meeting and provide references.
- Must clear a criminal background check.
College Volunteer Opportunities
Methodist West Hospital
We are now accepting college applications at Methodist West Hospital for the spring and fall semester. Volunteer shifts for college students are in the Emergency Department. Students will have opportunities to have direct interaction with the patients. The shifts are from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. every day of the week. Volunteers are assigned to a shift once a week. Volunteers can apply using the application link or Apply Here!
Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital
We are accepting college applications for Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital. Volunteer shifts for college students vary in departments, weekdays, and hours. College volunteers must commit to one shift per week and two semesters or 6 months. If interested in volunteering at IMMC and/or Blank, please complete the application: Apply Here!
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
Applications are now closed. They will reopen for Summer Term shortly. Please check back soon.