Giving Toys and Gifts
Thank you for your generosity and supporting Blank Children's Hospital! It can be difficult for children and families to spend time in the hospital, but special toys and activities can help ease the stress. Your donation of new toys, crafts and other items for children of all ages makes their hospital stay more fun. You can take a look at our online wish list by clicking visiting our Amazon Registry. Items from this list can be shipped directly to Blank Children's from Amazon.
Donation Drop Offs
Appointments are required for in person donation drop offs. For questions regarding our wish lists and current needs or to schedule you donation drop off, please contact the Child Life department at DM_childlifewishlist@unitypoint.org or leave a detailed voicemail by calling (515) 241-6152. Masks must be worn during the time of drop off.
Want us to do the shopping?
The needs of the hospital are continually changing. If you want to help and are flexible in the way you give, let our expert staff handle the shopping! Your monetary donations allow Child Life to purchase toys, crafts, books and games that meet the patients' needs based on age and hospital appropriateness. You can make a gift online now.
What's on our wish lists?
Items are needed for kids of all ages – from infants through teens. We have compiled Wish Lists to provide guidance on toys and gifts needed throughout the hospital and clinics. These items are used by Child Life, Pediatric Therapy, the SHINE program and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
You can help us support the health and safety of our patients by reviewing and following the guidelines below.
We are not able to accept the following:
- Used toys or books
- Stuffed Animals (new or used)
- Food or candy
- Any Latex products
- Violent themed toys
Please keep in mind when making your donation:
- To respect the privacy of our patients, donors are unable to deliver gifts directly to patients.
- We request that a Donor Form be completed with each donation. This can be done in advance through our online form or by printing a hard copy form to fill out and bring with your donation.
- Please do not include business cards/informational inserts in with each donated item. We have dedicated spaces to place a flyer or brochure should families want to learn more.
- We are unable to accept items that contain information identifying past/present patients. This includes, but is not limited to, the patient's name, date of birth, photo(s), and story or care experience. Thank you for your sensitivity to our current patients and families.
For more details, view our Frequently Asked Questions about Giving.
We appreciate your generosity! By following these guidelines, you can help make a difference for children and teens at Blank Children's!
Used Toys or Books
All donated items must be new. Used toys and items can be donated to The Not New Shop, which benefits Iowa Lutheran Hospital.
Mailing Your Donation
Donations can always be mailed to Blank Children's Hospital at the address below. Be sure to include a copy of your Donor Form!
Blank Children's Hospital
Attn: Child Life
1200 Pleasant Street
Des Moines, IA 50309