Healthy Eating Active Lifestyle (H.E.A.L)
A New Approach to Achieving a Healthy Lifestyle
Are you having problems living the active life you want? The Intensive Behavior Therapy for Weight Management Program (IBT) can help with the H.E.A.L (Healthy Eating Active Lifestyle) Program! Based on collaboration, education, and coaching, our team will work with you to help you achieve your goals.
What is H.E.A.L?
The IBT (HEAL) Program is for patients with a BMI>30.
What can I expect?
Based on a team approach, the IBT (HEAL) Program allows you to be an active member of your weight loss journey. You will receive brief nutrition education and monitor your food intake as well as participate in your goal setting. The program includes:
- A brief consultation with our doctor regarding entrance to the HEAL Program
- Appointments with a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) for ongoing support throughout the program
- To increase awareness of how psychological issues affect physical health, our licensed mental health counselor will also work with participants during the program
- Participants will be seen every two weeks for the first few months and then transition to appointments every three to four weeks when deemed appropriate
- At three and six months, participants will meet with our PA-C and ARNP to discuss their progress and assess their health
Speak to your UnityPoint clinic provider to find out if H.E.A.L is right for you!