The Infusion Center at UnityPoint Health – Meriter takes pride in caring for those who require intravenous (IV) therapy for treatment.
Our staff of experienced nurses and pharmacists specialize in infusion therapy. They are dedicated to closely monitoring patients during infusions and offering an outstanding experience that puts your health and comfort first.
What is Infusion Therapy?
Infusion therapy delivers a liquid directly into a patient's vein, rather than orally. Many times, infusion therapy is provided as a medical treatment or is offered to offset side effects of other treatments.
Infusion therapies are most often used for patients undergoing:
- Chronic illness
- Immune deficiency
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Our facility offers many amenities to make your visits as relaxed as possible, including:
- Comfortable, private areas to receive your treatment; a friend or family member is welcome to stay with you
- Entertainment options, including television and PlayStation video games/movies
- Delicious meals available for purchase catered from the Meriter Cafe
- Option of using a reclining chair or bed during your infusion
- Large waiting area for family and friends
Although UnityPoint Health – Meriter serves the needs of the majority of infusion patients, our partners at the UW Health Infusion Center in University Hospital care for patients in need of:
- Stem cell collection for bone marrow transplant patients
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Home infusion pump disconnection