Welcome to the Infusion Center
The Infusion Center at UnityPoint Health – Meriter takes pride in caring for those who require intravenous (IV) therapy for treatment.
Our staff of experienced nurses and pharmacists specialize in infusion therapy. They are dedicated to closely monitoring patients during infusions and offering an outstanding experience that puts your health and comfort first.
What is Infusion Therapy?
Infusion therapy delivers a liquid directly into a patient's vein, rather than orally. Many times, infusion therapy is provided as a medical treatment or is offered to offset side effects of other treatments.
Infusion therapies are most often used for patients undergoing:
- Chronic illness
- Immune deficiency
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Our facility offers many amenities to make your visits as relaxed as possible, including:
- Comfortable, private rooms and bathrooms
- A friend or family member is welcome to stay with you
- Televisions in every room
- Mobile television with PlayStation for those who prefer video games or movies
- Delicious meals available for purchase catered from the Meriter Cafe
- Option of using a reclining chair or bed during your infusion
- Large waiting area for family and friends
The Infusion Center is located near the main entrance of Meriter hospital on the main floor (Level 2). Please enter from the Brooks Street side. You are encouraged to use complimentary valet parking (6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays) to make your visit even easier. Free parking is also available in the ramp.
When you arrive in the hospital, turn left and follow signs to check-in at the desk on the main floor of the Atrium.
Although UnityPoint Health – Meriter serves the needs of the majority of infusion patients, our partners at the UW Health Infusion Center in University Hospital care for patients in need of:
- Stem cell collection for bone marrow transplant patients
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Home infusion pump disconnection