UnityPoint Clinic Diabetes and Endocrinology - Prairie Parkway
Today's Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Number of patients waiting reflects the current number of patients waiting to be seen. This number changes frequently and is not exact.
Weight ManagementProviders at UnityPoint Health – Prairie Parkway are experts in diabetes and endocrinology education, care and treatment.
They also understand additional concerns that are often related to the disease and provide programs and therapies to help patients achieve their health goals.
Weight Management Options
A New Approach to Achieving a Healthy Lifestyle
Are you having problems living the active life you want? The Intensive Behavior Therapy for Weight Management Program (IBT) can help with the HEAL (Healthy Eating Active Lifestyle) Program! Based on collaboration, education, and coaching, our team will work with you to help you achieve your goals.
What is HEAL?
The IBT (HEAL) Program is for patients with a BMI>30.
What can I expect?
Based on a team approach, the IBT (HEAL) Program allows you to be an active member of your weight loss journey. You will receive brief nutrition education and monitor your food intake as well as participate in your goal setting. The program includes:
- A brief consultation with our doctor regarding entrance to the HEAL Program
- Appointments with a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) for ongoing support throughout the program
- To increase awareness of how psychological issues affect physical health, our licensed mental health counselor will also work with participants during the program
- Participants will be seen every two weeks for the first few months and then transition to appointments every three to four weeks when deemed appropriate
- At three and six months, participants will meet with our PA-C and ARNP to discuss their progress and assess their health
Speak to your UnityPoint clinic provider to find out if HEAL is right for you!
UnityPoint Health – Prairie Parkway
Our UnityPoint Health – Prairie Parkway medical campus provides patient-centered, comprehensive care in one location. Prairie Parkway is not a hospital but offers a full range of services in a 90,000-square-foot anchor building. Primary and specialty providers at this medical campus work together to help you prevent serious illness and live a healthy life. Specialties at Prairie Parkway include:
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- LGBTQ+ Care