UnityPoint Clinic Endocrinology Diabetes Care Healthy Living Clinic
Today's Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Healthy Living Clinic
When you partner with our team of experts at the Healthy Living Clinic, we help you lose weight safely and effectively, so you can maintain it for a lifetime. Register for access to our FREE, on-demand information session about our programs or call (319) 298-2200 for more information. View our on-demand information session at your convenience, 24/7.
Closely Monitored Weight Loss
Obesity is a medical condition that can lead to decreased quality of life and increased health problems. Obesity and an abundance of central fat put you at a higher risk of developing diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis and certain types of cancers.
At the Healthy Living Clinic, we evaluate and treat individuals struggling with weight-related issues. During your first visit we will evaluate you for causes of weight gain and help you determine which of the Healthy Living Clinic weight programs best fits your needs.
Our providers care for you during and after weight loss. Close monitoring and lab work help ensure you are medically stable. They will also adjust medications as necessary, including those for blood pressure and diabetes.
Modest Weight Loss Can Mean Big Benefits
Losing weight can be difficult and takes commitment. Research shows those who maintain a significant weight loss report improvements in physical health, as well as energy levels, physical mobility, general mood and self-confidence.
Lifestyle changes, such as new eating habits and increased physical activity, will help you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight over time.
If you have been on more than one diet, you know that it is not losing weight that is the problem; it is keeping the weight off. Our programs are comprehensive weight management programs designed to help you achieve and maintain long-term weight loss. Throughout the program, you are guided by a team of health professionals including an endocrinologist, dietitian and health coach. With the help of our team, you will lose weight safely and learn to manage a healthy weight for life.
This medically-supervised program provides the tools you need for long term success. Patients consistently report that this program does more than help them lose weight; it has helped them change their lives.
- Balanced Approach. Our approach focuses on making conscious choices. Nothing is "forbidden" – it is a matter of balance. We will work with you every step of the way toward your long-term health goal.
- Supportive Professionals. Our group coaching model holds participants accountable to themselves, the coach and the class. You learn and practice new healthy behaviors in an environment of trust and understanding.
- Medically Supervised. Rapid weight loss is safe with a doctor's oversight. Our providers will review your medical history and monitor your progress. If you have Type 2 Diabetes, our providers will work with you and your primary care physician to closely monitor your blood glucose.