UnityPoint at Home Specialty Pharmacy offers a range of specialty prescriptions to treat complex or chronic conditions. Because specialty medications require special handling and storage, and often, extra education and training, our dedicated care team provides specialized care, therapies and the education you need to ensure you receive safe and effective medication. We help you manage your condition and meet your personal health goals.
UnityPoint at Home Specialty Pharmacy has earned URAC and ACHC accreditation. These accreditations demonstrates that UnityPoint at Home Specialty Pharmacy has achieved the industry's highest validation of quality and efficiency.
A Specialty Pharmacy Coordinating Your Care
UnityPoint at Home Specialty Pharmacy is part of a fully integrated nonprofit health care system, UnityPoint Health, which is a trusted brand in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. Because UnityPoint at Home Specialty Pharmacy is health system based, we work closely with your physician to provide continuity of care.
Providing More than Medication for Patients
UnityPoint at Home Specialty Pharmacy provides specialized medications to patients with one or several different conditions. But our service to you doesn't stop there. Along with your prescription, UnityPoint at Home Specialty Pharmacy helps you manage your condition with ongoing support and coordination.
Our specially trained pharmacists, nurses and care coordinators provide the following services:
- Insurance Coordination - Our insurance specialists verify your insurance benefit and work to get prior authorization.
- Assessment and Side Effect Management - We provide a baseline assessment from a nurse or pharmacist, including side effect and disease management.
- Continuous Communication and Coordinated Care - A patient care coordinator provides ongoing specialized support and maintains contact with your pharmacist, doctor and every other member of your care team, coordinating your care. UnityPoint at Home Specialty Pharmacy coordinates your care from the clinic to the hospital to your home. Our doctors and pharmacists communicate during every step of your health care journey – so you can receive the best care possible and meet your personal health goals.
- Education and Training - We provide training on how to administer medication, if needed, and are there to answer questions 24/7.
- Easy Delivery to Your Home - Receive safe, swift delivery of medications to your home within three business days after verification.
- Refill Reminders and Consultation - You won't have to worry about refills again. With our refill reminders, you'll never be without your medication.
Our services include:
- Insurance benefit and authorization verification.
- A baseline assessment from a nurse or pharmacist, including side effect and disease management.
- Ongoing specialized support from a patient care coordinator, who maintains contact with your pharmacist, doctor and every other member of your care team.
- Training on how to administer medication, if needed.
- Safe, swift delivery of medications.
- Refill reminders and consultation.
Conditions and Specialties We Treat
Today, UnityPoint at Home Specialty Pharmacy provides medications to treat the following conditions and specialties:
- Crohn's disease
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis B
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Oncology & Hematology
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis