Volunteering - The Greatest Gift You Can Give!
Volunteers are an integral part of Finley. In fact there are hundreds of volunteers who support the hospital. If impacting the lives of Finley patients interests you, a volunteer position at Finley may be the opportunity for you.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Gain self-worth and fulfillment knowing you are part of the healing process for those suffering and need medical care
- Gain a new sense of purpose. Giving personal time can be therapeutic.
- Gain perspective on humanity. In the hospital setting you'll see a range of patient and family emotions from the joy of new life to the pain and suffering of loss.
- Gain experience and insight on what your personal strengths are. This also provides insight if you are searching for a future job or career.
Volunteering at Finley
There are two different volunteer programs available through Finley: Finley Hospital Volunteer Program or Retired and Senior Volunteer Program. Learn more about specific volunteer opportunities.
Finley Hospital Volunteer Program
Finley's volunteer program offers a variety of opportunities for service in our hospital to men and women, ages 14 and up. Volunteers are important to Finley and are valuable resources for providing excellent customer service.
Our needs vary according to specific department. We try to match a volunteer with his/her interests to make sure it is a positive experience for both the volunteer and the hospital.
Volunteering at Finley affords you the opportunity to meet new friends, help others, and stay active.
Volunteer assignments can be arranged with your schedule. You can volunteer a few hours, one day a week or one day a month. We do ask for at least a one year commitment. Apply to be a volunteer today!
Tangible benefits of volunteering at Finley
- Free uniform
- Complementary meal ticket (valued at $3.50) for every 4 hours worked
- Annual Volunteer Recognition event
- Free Immunizations and Flu Vaccine
- 20% discount in the gift shop and cafeteria
- Access to Finley Hospital Resource Center
- Reference Letters