Supporting Finley Hospital since 1889
The women of Sunshine Circle have been raising funds for Finley Hospital since 1889. In addition to operating and staffing the Sunshine Gift Shop seven days a week, this all-volunteer group organizes fundraising projects and events throughout the year to help maintain important programs that ultimately benefit the entire Dubuque area. These programs and supported facilities include the Wendt Regional Cancer Center, Kehl Diabetes Center, as well as the patients at UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital.
All proceeds from Sunshine Circle's efforts benefit patient care needs at our compassionate and caring community called Finley Hospital. Projects funded by the Sunshine Circle includes:
Sunshine Circle Education Center
The Sunshine Circle made a donation to the Finley Health Foundation to support the development of acomprehensive education center at Finley Hospital. The center includes space for two simulator mannequins, a classroom and a learning lab area.
Sunshine Circle Cardiac Waiting Area
The waiting area of UnityPoint Clinic Cardiology is a welcoming area thanks to a donation from the Sunshine Circle to the Finley Health Foundation's Currents of Care Capital Campaign.
The Sunshine Gift Shop is located just off the main lobby area of the UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital. The Sunshine Gift Shop is staffed by over fifty Sunshine Circle volunteers.
At this time, the Sunshine Gift Shop is closed.
- Fresh floral arrangements from a local florist shop
- Paperbacks and periodicals
- Cards and sundry items such as lotions
- Fun children's items including small toys, plush animals and books
- Sunshine signature items: newborn baby bonnets
- Interior design accents
- Fashion accessories including handbags and scarves
- Beautiful jewelry
- Creative silk floral designs
- Delicious confections such as Betty Jane Gremlins and assorted candies, and Freddie's Popcorn treats
- Seasonal gifts and decor