Surgical Weight Loss Process
Weight loss surgery is a life-changing decision. The experienced team at UnityPoint Clinic - Weight Loss wants to you to be fully aware of the commitments both before and after surgery that each of you will make.
- Be able to meet the qualifications for surgery by the time you have the procedure
- Take an in-person seminar to prepare and educate you
- Schedule with your weight loss provider
- Meet with your team (surgeon, dietitian, insurance specialist, nurse practitioner)
- Receive medical approval from your insurance company
- Join a support group to prepare you for surgery
- Take the required medical evaluations
- Wait for your team's medical approval
- Insurance approves surgery
- UnityPoint Clinic - Weight Loss team will educate you on pre-surgical information
- Undergo surgery
- Maintain your follow-up care
Take a moment to watch the video below to hear from our experienced weight loss team. We're your partner in your weight loss journey.
If you are a current patient with UnityPoint Clinic Weight Loss - West Des Moines working toward surgery, please login to see your progress here.