Neurology and Infectious Disease at UnityPoint Clinic
UnityPoint Clinic Multi-Specialty is focused on and dedicated to the disease causes, diagnosis, prevention and treatment for adults. We deliver excellent patient care by maintaining clinical skills in the latest advancements and the best in medical technology to offer treatment options with a distinct focus on patient comfort.
Methodist Plaza Specialty Clinic providers who provide specialized services unique in the Central Iowa area:
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Center for comprehensive MS care
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center's Accredited Stroke Center
- Specialized Epilepsy care / Epilepsy Monitoring Unit at Iowa Methodist
- Our neurologists serve as the Medical Directors for:
Proud to partner with the American Parkinson Disease Association.
We have a total of seven neurologists on staff with expertise in a wide range of neurologic diseases and treatments, including:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Cerebrovascular disease/stroke
- Dementia (memory loss)
- Headaches and Migraines
- Movement disorders (including Parkinson's disease, tremor and restless leg syndrome)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular dystrophy (MD)
- Myasthenia Gravis (MG)
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Spasticity management
Infectious Disease Services
Methodist Plaza Specialty Clinic physicians provide specialized services unique in the Central Iowa area in the area of infectious disease. We have a total of six infectious disease providers on our team with expertise in a wide range of diseases and treatments.
Infectious diseases include those caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites. Our specialists are experts on these illnesses. They are also knowledgeable about the overuse of antibiotics.
They have training in infection control, immunology (how the body fights infection) and epidemiology (how infections spread).