The Center for Liver Disease
The Center for Liver Disease located at Iowa Methodist Medical center is a multidisciplinary treatment center, offering a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and management of liver disease, including hepatology, gastroenterology, surgery, radiology and oncology services.
We provide an outpatient liver clinic, inpatient consultation, and liver transplantation support while working closely with referring physicians to supplement their care by offering specialized consultation and assessment. The center is committed to caring for all patients, regardless of financial status, and participates in many insurance plans.
- Liver Testing - Avoid an invasive potentially risky procedure with FibroScan, a service of Iowa Methodist Medical Center.
- Treatment of Hepatitis C - Get tested, get treated, get cured.
- Treatment of NASH (also known as fatty liver disease) - Patients with fatty liver disease are individually counseled to identify and address primary needs to modify disease pattern and underlying risk factors of obesity and diabetes. Nutritional support and education are provided.
- Treatment of NAFLD - The incidence of Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD), another common liver disease, also continues to rise with obesity. NAFLD tends to occur in people who are overweight or have diabetes, high cholesterol or high triglycerides.
- Treatment & Surgical Procedures
- Pre- & Post-Operative Care for Liver Transplants - We work closely with a number of liver transplantation centers to provide seamless care to patients who may need a liver transplant. We will continue to care for patients following transplantation.
Treatment and Surgical Procedures
We use a wide variety of tests and procedures to diagnose and treat various liver diseases including:
- Biliary Oncologic Surgery
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Hepatic Resection (laparoscopic and open)
- Liver Biopsy
- Microwave Ablation
- Percutaneous Transhepatic Cholangiogram (PTC) and drainage
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA)
- Trans Arterial Chemo Embolization (TACE)
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
Additional Online Liver Disease Resources