The Center for Liver Disease
The Center for Liver Disease located at Iowa Methodist Medical center is a multidisciplinary treatment center, offering a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis and management of liver disease, including hepatology, gastroenterology, surgery, radiology and oncology services.
We provide an outpatient liver clinic, inpatient consultation, and liver transplantation support while working closely with referring physicians to supplement their care by offering specialized consultation and assessment. The center is committed to caring for all patients, regardless of financial status, and participates in many insurance plans.
Treatment and Surgical Procedures
We use a wide variety of tests and procedures to diagnose and treat various liver diseases including:
- Biliary Oncologic Surgery
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Hepatic Resection (laparoscopic and open)
- Liver Biopsy
- Microwave Ablation
- Percutaneous Transhepatic Cholangiogram (PTC) and drainage
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA)
- Trans Arterial Chemo Embolization (TACE)
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
Additional Online Liver Disease Resources