Behavioral Health Urgent Care
If you're experiencing a mental health crisis, UnityPoint Clinic – Behavioral Health Urgent Care is here to help. This is a walk-in mental health clinic located at 1250 East 9th Street in Des Moines.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday | 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The behavioral health urgent care clinic in central Iowa provides services to individuals who are needing mental health services. Services may include but are not limited to:
Both pediatric and adult patients can be seen at Urgent Care. Patients under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian with them. Patients are advised to utilize the Emergency Room instead of the Urgent Care Clinic if they are needing immediate medical attention (i.e. open or fresh wounds), are a minor who does not have a guardian to sign a consent to treat, demonstrating aggressive behavior or having a crisis outside of the hours listed above.
Common Symptoms to Consider
It's completely normal to feel down sometimes. But when these feelings become persistent, unmanageable or are accompanied by physical changes it may be time to talk with someone who can help. At UnityPoint Health - Des Moines, we're here when you need it. Our team is ready to help you identify if you're struggling with anxiety, depression or another mental health condition.
Symptoms of anxiety, depression and mental health conditions can include:
- Unhealthy changes in play
- Physical changes such as nausea or muscle tension
- Withdrawal from family or friends
- Excessive worry or fear
- Feeling sad, lonely, isolated
- Confusion or problems concentrating
- Extreme mood changes
- Often feeling irritable or angry
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Difficulty concentrating on daily tasks
- Nervous energy or restlessness
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Loss of interest in things you once enjoyed
- Having thoughts of harm to self or others
- Progressive memory loss or confusion
- Difficulty perceiving reality
- Other emotional or behavioral changes
If you or a loved one are considering taking actions related to ending one's own life, exhibit behaviors or actions that could lead to self-harm, overdose, or danger to yourself or others, this is considered an emergency. Please dial 9-1-1.