High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Your pregnancy may be considered high-risk if you or your baby has an increased chance of complication during pregnancy or delivery. If you are at risk, your delivering physician can refer you to UnityPoint Clinic Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
We care for women for a variety of reasons.
- Previous preterm labor or delivery
- Expecting multiples
- History of miscarriages
- Advanced maternal age
- Abnormal prenatal test or screening
- Family history of complications
- Diabetes, high blood pressure or other medical conditions during pregnancy
We work with you and your physician, sometimes even before pregnancy, to provide a plan of care that is right for you.
- Pre-conception care
- Genetic testing and counseling
- 3D ultrasound and imaging
- Non-invasive screening
- Non-stress testing
- Care for chronic conditions during pregnancy
Siouxland's Only Perinatologist
A perinatologist, also called a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is an obstetrician who focuses on the care of women with unique challenges during their pregnancy. Dr. Al Fleming is the area's only full-time perinatologist.
Combined with the area's most advanced Birth Center and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), St. Luke's provides a full spectrum of care before, during and after your pregnancy.
Meet Our Expert: