Mental Health Services
Prioritizing your mental health isn't always easy. At UnityPoint Health – Robert Young Center, we can help. Our streamlined scheduling system and integrated services make it easier to find the support you need.
Our trained mental health specialists have the tools to guide you through whatever mental health challenges you face. You can trust us for help with relationship difficulties, anxiety or depression, or mental disorders like schizophrenia. We treat children, teens and adults who have a broad range of needs. We listen to your concerns and tailor a plan that fits your circumstances.
Need Help Now?
Get confidential support from trained mental health professionals, 24/7, by calling our crisis intervention line at 309-779-2999.
Mental Health Services: Why Choose Robert Young Center?
After you reach out to our team, a mental health professional will sit down with you and ask about the problems you're experiencing. Knowing your situation helps our specialists understand how we can help you. Learn more about our coordinated approach to behavioral health services.
You benefit from our:
- Trusted team of specialists: Our team includes mental health providers, such as psychiatrists, licensed counselors and social workers, with different areas of expertise. Support professionals also help support your goals throughout your care. Care coordinators help keep you on track, while peer support specialists offer firsthand insights into mental health or substance use treatment.
- Easy access: Our extensive behavioral health services and many locations give you options of where you seek help. We coordinate your treatment to streamline your care, which helps our team see you within days, not months.
- Personalized care: Keeping your input and preferences in mind, our specialists develop a personalized treatment plan tailored to your unique needs.
- Integrated services: Your treatment plan follows you wherever you get the care you need, across all Robert Young Center locations and partner services. That means the same team takes care of you, no matter where you first seek care, where you are on your care journey or what your needs are.
Mental Health Services in the Quad Cities and Muscatine
The Robert Young Center provides a full spectrum of hospital-based and outpatient mental health services to children, adolescents and adults. We offer care at locations throughout the Quad Cities region.
We treat all types of mental health challenges using a trauma-informed approach. That means we recognize the many ways a traumatic experience, such as emotional or sexual abuse, can affect someone later in life.
Our mental health services include:
- Outpatient mental health treatment: Many people benefit from outpatient mental health care, where they see a provider occasionally, daily or weekly in one-on-one or group sessions. Our mental health specialists provide counseling and psychiatry (doctors who can prescribe medication) at multiple mental health clinics nearby.
- Medication management: Our seasoned team includes several psychiatric providers, such as psychiatrists and advanced practice practitioners, who can prescribe medication. Our experienced providers use evidence-based practices to help people manage mental health symptoms using medication and cognitive therapy.
- Inpatient mental health treatment: Inpatient treatment provides a safe place where people with severe mental health symptoms can start to get well. At UnityPoint Health's Rock Island hospital campus, a team of trained professionals cares for children and adults in a secure, highly structured setting.
- Partial hospital program: The partial hospital program provides adults with ongoing mental health treatment following inpatient psychiatric care. People in this program receive intensive treatment five days a week at Trinity Rock Island's campus and return home at night.
- Emergency psychiatric services: In our crisis stabilization unit, located at the Rock Island campus, we provide personalized crisis support services. Here, we treat people who come through the emergency department in need of immediate mental health support. In Rock Island and Mercer counties, we also provide mobile crisis intervention care focused on supporting adults and children who face urgent needs at home.
- Local mental health resources: We offer many community resources to support people and families affected by mental illness. Our Community Support Program helps Rock Island and Mercer County residents manage severe and persistent mental illness in the community. And care coordination services assist people with transportation or other obstacles that make it difficult to get treatment. Learn more about our mental health resources and support.
Mental Health Conditions We Treat
Our trained, trusted providers help children and adults cope with all kinds of mental health challenges, including:
- Relationship and family issues, such as divorce
- Loss of a loved one, including a family member or close friend
- Traumatic experiences, such as physical or emotional abuse
- Short-term or lifelong mental disorders, such as:
- ADD or ADHD
- Bipolar disorder
Where to Receive Mental Health Care
Our community approach to care means you have more than one way to get the treatment you need. You can access our mental health services at:
- Outpatient clinics: You can receive outpatient mental health services at Robert Young Center's four main outpatient clinics in Moline and Rock Island, Illinois, and Muscatine and Davenport, Iowa. Each of these sites provides individual and group counseling and medication management.
- Local primary care practices: Our behavioral health specialists work with primary care offices to provide mental health evaluation and outpatient treatment services at 14 local UnityPoint Clinic locations.
- Local schools: Our therapists coordinate with school counselors in five area school districts. They identify at-risk children and provide counseling and telepsychiatry services to students in schools. We work with school districts to customize service offerings based on students' needs and each school district's circumstances.
- UnityPoint Health's Rock Island hospital: Our specialists provide inpatient and emergency mental health services at the Rock Island campus, assisting people who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
Community Support Program
Our Community Support Program provides case management, daily living and social skills training, and employment support. We help Rock Island and Mercer County residents who have severe psychiatric disabilities to engage in the community.
As part of this program, District 11 provides safe and affordable housing for people who meet certain criteria. This group home has benefited more than 700 adolescents and adults who have severe and persistent mental illness, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.
Learn more about the Community Support Program.
Connect with one of our trusted mental health specialists, easily. Call 309-779-3000 to learn more about our mental health services.