Enrich your life. Share your experience and become a part of the volunteer team at UnityPoint Health – Marshalltown. Our volunteers make a difference in the lives of patients and staff. While helping others, you will make new friends, learn new things, have a choice of assignments and have fun.
The Greatest Gift You Can Give
Our volunteer program offers men and women, ages 14 and up, a tremendous variety of opportunities for service to our hospital and Medical Park locations. We offer you the satisfaction of helping others along with wonderful support from our staff. Volunteers are needed in areas that range from patient and family contact, such as staffing waiting rooms, escorting or instructions; to clerical such as typing and filing; to customer service in gift shops and retail stores; to working at home on scheduling appointments for SHIIP. Volunteer assignments can be arranged on a schedule that suits you. Volunteers choose how often they would like to serve.
Volunteers help make dreams become reality. In a community, volunteering brings people together for a common cause and provides participants with a true opportunity to make a difference. Volunteering not only helps others...it helps you!
- Volunteering is fun and rewarding.
- Meet new people & make new friends.
- Receive formal and informal recognition for a "job well-done!"
- Get personal satisfaction from helping others.
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in healthcare.
- Explore careers in the healthcare field.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown Auxiliary
- Spiritual Care volunteers
- Pet Therapy
- SHIIP (Senior Health Insurance and Information Program)
- Surgical attendants
- Clerical Support
- Summer Teen Volunteer Program
UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown volunteers take pride in giving back. Volunteers are respected members of the hospital's team and are dedicated to provide services that enhance the quality of health care of the patients, their families, hospital employees, visitors and the entire community. With our dedicated volunteer team serving our patients, staff and visitors, UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown is a great place to volunteer! UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown thanks its volunteers for making a difference at the hospital and in the community.
To speak with someone about volunteering, please choose one of the following options:
- Call UnityPoint Health - Marshalltown Volunteer Services at 641-754-5093 (Monday - Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Email Mark.Day@unitypoint.org