UPDATED: 8/10/2020 - In alignment with UnityPoint Health - Meriter's updated safety and prevention measures related to COVID-19 please see updates on the Wellness Programs below:
- Cardiac Rehab/Pulmonary Rehab/Supervised Exercise Therapy/RD Patients: All services resumed.
- Fitness Technicians: Seeing medically necessary personal training consults.
- Get Fit & Stay Fit: Suspended in-person services until further notice.
UnityPoint Health - Meriter is committed to providing you preventive and wellness resources to help you make small, realistic lifestyle improvements.
Get started today by joining one of our wellness programs! Remember, anything you do today that was healthier than yesterday is a step towards good health.
Nutrition and Fitness
- Get Fit! is a 10-week exercise and healthy eating program will get you started on the path to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, along with a healthy lifestyle.
- Stay Fit! is a his self-monitored, medically supervised exercise program is aimed at helping you develop lifelong exercise habits while reducing medical risks.
- Nutrition Programs – Our registered dietitians provide instruction and counseling regarding healthy diets, weight loss, dietary changes for managing health conditions and more.
If you are looking to start an exercise program or want to make changes in your current exercise routine, meet with our staff for an exercise consult. This appointment will be individualized based on your needs and may include a review of your medical history, discussion of your exercise goals and assessment of your blood pressure, weight, aerobic capacity, body composition, an exercise prescription and plan for progression.
Call the UnityPoint Health - Meriter Wellness Center to schedule an appointment at (608) 417-6102. You may be able to apply for reimbursement from your insurance plan, please check with them for details.
- Diabetes Care Team – Whether you're Type 1, Type 2, pregnant, newly diagnosed or looking to get back on track, UnityPoint Health - Meriter has a coordinated team of endocrinologists and registered dietitians that offer group classes to help you successfully manage your disease.
Schedule Your Annual Exam
Your annual health exam can help find problems before they start. By getting the right health services, screenings and treatments, you're taking the steps to live a longer, healthier life. Be sure to schedule your annual exam with your primary care doctor.
Not sure which doctor or clinic is right for you? Visit our doctor match tool or call (608) 417-DR4U (3748) to find out!
Download the Formula for Good Health forms here:
Formula for Good Health
Kids Formula for Good Health