UnityPoint Health – Meriter IRB Online Applications
UnityPoint Health - Meriter uses a web-based electronic protocol submission, review and communication system. Through your electronic user account, you will:
- Complete all Meriter forms (Initial Reviews, Continuing Reviews, Protocol Changes or Amendments, Study Closure, etc.)
- Submit all research-related documents
- Correspond with the IRB
UnityPoint Health – Meriter IRB Online User Accounts
Request an Account
- Visit the Meriter IRB online application site.
- Click the "Request New Account" button below the login block.
- Complete the required fields (view tip sheet).
Accounts are set up during regular business hours, Monday - Friday. You will receive an e-mail notification in 24-72 hours when your account has been activated.
Who Needs a User Account?
All key study personnel for your research will need an account. Key study personnel are those who have contact with Meriter patients, patient records or patient specimens for research purposes. They will need to fulfill the Meriter Human Subject Training Requirement. Compliance with this requirement is tracked in the online submission program.
User Account and Human Subject Protection Training
- Make sure to send a recent, dated proof of completion for your human subjects protection training to the UnityPoint Health - Meriter IRB Office.
- All key study personnel must have current training associated with their user accounts. Submissions are electronically blocked from reaching the IRB if even one person fails to have current training associated with their user account.
IRB Submission Process
Submit your IRB application and related documents online. Most submissions receive a pre-review prior to formal IRB review.