UnityPoint Health - Blank Children's Foster Care Clinic
Today's Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Number of patients waiting reflects the current number of patients waiting to be seen. This number changes frequently and is not exact.
Foster Care Clinic
The Foster Care Clinic at Blank Children's STAR Center is a multidisciplinary center and medical home for children of all ages who are placed outside of the home, whether in kinship care, foster care or in a group setting. The Foster Care Clinic offers both medical and mental health services in one convenient location for children between the ages of birth to 18 years old. Our pediatric experts have an understanding of the child welfare system and will work with families and child welfare agencies to ensure children in foster care receive the best possible care.
Appointments typically run 30-90 minutes to allow adequate time to properly assess and address any medical and/or mental health needs. Our best-practice approach ensures that we are always keeping the child's needs at the center of everything we do.
- Primary care medical services such as, well-child exams and sick visits
- Mental health assessment, short-term therapy and ongoing therapy
- Comprehensive health assessment upon placement into foster care
- Developmental assessment
- Education and advocacy for children and caregivers
- Discharge/transition/transfer examination
- Care coordination and information gathering
Children placed out of the home with relatives, foster families or in group homes may be seen at the Foster Care Clinic. To make an appointment or refer a patient, please call (515) 224-3310.