Number of patients waiting reflects the current number of patients waiting to be seen. This number changes frequently and is not exact.
Hours & Directions
UnityPoint Clinic Urology has a team of board-certified urologists who specialize in disorders affecting the male and female urinary tract. In addition, our team treats conditions of the male genital and reproductive system, such as prostate cancer and vasectomies.
Our goal is to provide excellent, cost-effective diagnosis and treatment of urological disorders in a caring, non-intimidating environment. You'll find that the knowledge and expertise of our physicians and staff make your experience comfortable and productive.
What Do Our Urologists Treat?
- Bladder disorders including voiding dysfunction
- Urinary Incontinence
- Kidney Stone Disease
- Prostate disorders
- Sexual dysfunction
- Surgical oncology for bladder, kidney, prostate and testicular cancer including robotic surgery
- Laser - Surgical procedure performed with a laser that delivers a shallow cut
- Laparoscopy - Surgical procedure performed on the abdomen or pelvis through small incisions / cut
- Robotic Surgery - Surgical procedure using a very small tool attached to a robotic arm where the doctor controls the robotic arm with a computer
- Hydrocele Aspiration (Fluid Removal) - build-up of fluid around one or both testicles that can cause the scrotum or groin area to swell is removed
- Bladder Biopsy - samples of the bladder are removed and sent for testing
- Bladder Instillations - instilling medication into bladder
- Bladder Ultrasound / Scanning of Post Void Residual Urine - procedure to determine how much urine is left in the bladder after a patient voids
- Catheter Changes - helps drain the bladder by inserting a rubber catheter into the bladder through the urethra
- Cystourethroscopy - allows the physician to see the inside of the bladder through a cystoscope. In our office, the patient has the capability to view this procedure and findings on a monitor
- Destruction and Removal of Lesions
- Incontinence - the uncontrolled release of urine
- Injections for Lupron, Zoladex, Firmagon, and Prolia - hormone injection for the treatment of prostate cancer
- Penile Injections for Sexual Dysfunction - medication injections into penis for treatment of sexual dysfunction
- Percutaneous Nerve Evaluation - procedure that helps with voiding problems
- Prostate Biopsy - takes an image of prostate and samples of the prostate to test for prostate cancer
- Fulguration of Bladder Lesions - procedure to destroy a bladder lesion by burning it
- Urethral Dilatations - procedure to help to open the urethra
- Urodynamics - study to evaluate your bladder's function and efficiency
- Vasectomy and Reversal - reconnects the tubes (vas deferens) that were cut during a vasectomy
Incontinence, or the uncontrolled release of urine, affects both men and women. Although often associated with getting older, incontinence can happen to individuals of any age. Aging, post pregnancy, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, surgery recovery, low back or spinal issues are some of the many common reasons a person may be experiencing incontinence.
Historically, a common form of initial treatment for incontinence is behavioral modifications and medication. However, with advances in technology, UnityPoint Clinic Urology offers patients numerous in-office treatment options.
Transvaginal, rectal, or neurostimulator devices that send a frequency impulse to stimulate the muscles and nerves to treat incontinence in both women and men are effective in treating incontinence.
The Latest Treatment Options Include:
- Cystoscopy with Bulkamid to treat Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) in women
- InTone: Treats women suffering from overactive bladder and/or stress induced urinary incontinence.
- InTone MV: Treats women and men suffering from urinary or bowel incontinence.
- Apex: Treats women with stress induced urinary incontinence by restoring the pelvic floor musculature.
- Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS): treats patients with overactive bladder by inserting a thin needle electrode near the ankle that provides nerve stimulation.
- Verify Evaluation System for InterStim: Evaluates the therapeutic stimulation of the sacral nerve on patients with overactive bladder, urinary urge incontinence, nonobstructive urinary retention or chronic fecal incontinence to identify patients who are good candidates for Sacral Neuromodulation.
Robotic surgery is a minimally invasive surgery in the doctor controls a robotic arm with a very small tool to operate on the identified area. UnityPoint Clinic Urology offers robotic surgery for the following conditions:
- Adrenalectomy - one or both adrenal glands are removed
- Cystectomy - removal of part or entire bladder
- Nephrectomy (partial and total) removal of part or the entire kidney
- Prostatectomy - removal of the prostate
- Pyeloplasty - reconstruction or revision of the renal pelvis to drain the kidney
- Abdominal Sacrocolpopexy - correction of prolapse of the vagina
- Ureteral Implants - surgical procedure that changes the angle of the ureter as it enters the bladder