Fitness and Wellness Services
The Paul W. Ahrens Fitness Center is currently open. The health and safety of our members, team members and community are our highest priority, and we have taken extensive safety measures including enhanced cleaning, social distancing measures and additional safety protocols.
Current Hours of Operation:
5 a.m. – 7 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
7 a.m. – Noon (Saturday)
Group exercise classes available:
- Spinning: Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 12 p.m. and Tuesday/Thursday at 4:15 p.m.
- Yoga: Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 9:15 a.m.
- Ripped: Monday/Wednesday at 4:15 p.m.
- Gentle Yoga: Tuesday/Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
Space is limited for group exercise classes. Register with this link or call us at (641) 236-2999 to sign up.
*Personal training is available – call 641-236-2999 to learn more.
Smaller Spinning and yoga group classes will be available by reservation only through Mindbody (membership software). All members have received an email with directions on how to make a reservation.
Class times include:
Spinning: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 12 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday at 4:15 p.m.
Yoga: Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:15 a.m.
As you plan your return, please take note of our new processes and safety measures:
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home.
- Showers will be unavailable for use.
- Childcare will not be provided.
- Please bring your own water bottle and yoga mat.
- Limited lockers will be available.
- Certain equipment will be unavailable to keep social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet.
- Please clean your equipment before and after each use.
- Increased cleaning measures will be provided.
- Kids under the age of 16 are not allowed at this time.
- No loitering in common spaces.
All memberships will be reactivated on Monday, June 1. Questions about billing can be directed to 641-236-7511 (ask for Fitness Center Billing) or e-mailed to GRMC_PWAFitnessCenter@unitypoint.org. If you have further questions, please contact the PWA Fitness Center at 641-236-2999.
Looking to Become a Member?
UnityPoint Health – Grinnell Regional Medical Center's Paul W. Ahrens Fitness Center at Postels Community Health Park is staffed and equipped to suit the individual needs of virtually every member. When you join, you'll discover that we are here for you when you need us with:
- A highly personalized approach to health and wellness with individual fitness assessments, personal training and wellness coaching.
- On-site exercise physiologists and certified fitness instructors.
- Strength training, youth programs and group exercise classes, including water aerobics, Spinning® and Boot Camp.
- A comfortable, safe and supportive environment, especially for those with chronic health conditions.
PWA Fitness Center's monthly membership fees are as follows:
- Public Single/Individual Membership - $40
- Public Couple's Membership - $60
- Public Family Membership - $80
The fitness center is staffed by experts who are always available to provide instruction in the correct use of all our equipment. Our classes are taught to all levels. We encourage everyone from the newcomer to the veteran to participate. To join, please call (641) 236-2999.