Fitness and Wellness Services
The Paul W. Ahrens Fitness Center is currently open. The health and safety of our members, team members and community are our highest priority, and we have taken extensive safety measures including enhanced cleaning, social distancing measures and additional safety protocols.
Please visit our PWA Fitness Center Facebook page or the UnityPoint Health - Grinnell alert bar for class cancellations and updates due to inclement weather.
Space is limited for group exercise classes. Register with this link or call (641) 236-2999 to sign up. Email PWA or call (641) 236-2999 with questions. Click here to view our current class schedule.
- Spinning: Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 12 p.m.
- Spinning: Tuesday/Thursday at 4:15 p.m.
- Spinning: Saturday at 7 a.m.
- Gentle Yoga: Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 9:15 a.m.
- Yoga: Tuesday/Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- Ripped: Monday/Wednesday at 4:15 p.m.
- Lite N' Fit: Tuesday/Thursday at 9:15 a.m.
If you do not feel comfortable attending in person classes at this time, attend virtual group exercise classes by becoming a PWA member and joining the private Facebook group. PWA instructors utilize the PWA private Facebook group to teach a variety of full-length workouts and classes. Join our PWA community today by emailing GRMC_WellnessDepartment@unitypoint.org.
*Personal training is available – call (641) 236-2999 to learn more.
As you plan your return, please take note of our new processes and safety measures:
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home.
- Childcare will not be provided.
- Please bring your own water bottle and yoga mat.
- Limited lockers will be available.
- Certain equipment will be unavailable to keep social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet.
- Please clean your equipment before and after each use.
- Increased cleaning measures will be provided.
- Kids under the age of 16 are not allowed at this time.
- No loitering in common spaces.
Looking to Become a Member?
UnityPoint Health – Grinnell Regional Medical Center's Paul W. Ahrens Fitness Center at Postels Community Health Park is staffed and equipped to suit the individual needs of virtually every member. When you join, you'll discover that we are here for you when you need us with:
- A highly personalized approach to health and wellness with individual fitness assessments, personal training and wellness coaching.
- On-site exercise physiologists and certified fitness instructors.
- Strength training, youth programs and group exercise classes, including water aerobics, Spinning® and Boot Camp.
- A comfortable, safe and supportive environment, especially for those with chronic health conditions.
- Virtual exercise opportunities through our private Facebook group when you are unable to attend a class in person.
The fitness center is staffed by experts who are always available to provide instruction in the correct use of all our equipment. Our classes are taught to all levels. We encourage everyone from the newcomer to the veteran to participate.
To join the PWA Fitness Center or inquire about monthly membership fees, please email GRMC_WellnessDepartment@unitypoint.org or call (641) 236-2999.