Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Iowa Lutheran Hospital Volunteen Program:
Volunteering at Iowa Lutheran Hospital is fun and rewarding. You will make a difference in the lives of patients, while gaining exposure to the health care field. Not only do you get to help others, but you will benefit as well, People who choose to volunteer:
Build connections in the community
Develop skills that help with career advancement
Have a more positive outlook on life
Earn silver cord hours for graduation
Earn scholarship opportunities
Make new friends!
You can volunteer a few hours, one day a week. Come and see what volunteering can do for you!
Your assignments as a volunteer will vary depending on your interests, availability, skills and experience. Some of the assignments may include:
Surgery Waiting Support
Care Club Flowers
Teen volunteers need to meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in high school.
- Be 14-18 years of age.
- Willing to commit to volunteering one shift, for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours once per week.
- Must volunteer for two semesters (Example: summer and fall, fall and spring, spring and summer.)
- Must complete an application, health screening, interview/orientation and provide references. A seasonal flu vaccine and COVID vaccine are required.
- Must clear a criminal background check and dependent adult/child abuse registry check.
- Complete necessary training.
Join Our Team
If you love helping people and would like to be apart of our Volunteen Program, please click on the link below to apply:
Iowa Lutheran Hospital Volunteen Application
To Learn More
Please contact Megan Delanty, Volunteer Services Coordinator, at Megan.Delanty@unitypoint.org.