St. Luke's Rural Health Care Grant
The 2019 grant application is due at noon on Monday, April 15, 2019.
St. Luke's Foundation's Rural Healthcare Grant Program provides matching grant funds towards healthcare services for rural residents.
St. Luke's Rural Healthcare Grant Program's resources are focused in the areas of:
To be eligible for a St. Luke's Rural Healthcare Grant you must live in a rural community serving Benton, Cedar, Delaware, Iowa, northern Johnson, Jones and Linn counties. Eligible entities include:
- Ambulance Services
- Fire and Rescue Departments
- First Responders
- Transportation Programs
St. Luke's Foundation provides grants to:
- Nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) tax status with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- Entities part of a governmental unit. Documentation is required if you are a part of the county, city, etc.
- If an entity is not part of the main government, please provide a copy of your 28E Agreement.
Matching Grant Guidelines
Maximum grant request is $5,000. St. Luke's Rural Healthcare Grant will not fund more than 50% of the equipment purchase, training costs and/or annual mileage reimbursement. This is a matching grant. The grant is made on a matching basis whereby St. Luke's Foundation will aware $1 for every $1 raised between, January 1 to December 31 of the calendar year the grant was awarded. The deadline for matching this grant is December 31.
In general, the Foundation will not consider requests for:
- Basic infrastructure needs (furniture, vehicle repairs and vehicles)
- Capital campaigns
- Emergency or continued operating support
- Endowment campaigns
- Fundraising or athletic events
- Multiple year commitments
- Political advocacy, lobbying organizations
- Training supplies (like a manikin)
A Selection Committee of St. Luke's Foundation Board Members and representatives from St. Luke's service area review all grant applications and determine the Grantees.
St. Luke's Foundation Rural Healthcare Grant Program
855 A Avenue NE, Suite 105
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Questions, please call Tonya Arnold at 319/369-7572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.