Advanced surgical care has been a part of Blank Children's Hospital for many years. Our pediatric surgeons perform surgeries in a state-of-the-art surgery center, located at Iowa Methodist Medical Center and Blank Children's Hospital. This is a surgery "Center of Excellence" and features a dedicated pediatric surgery area.
The surgery center offers:
- Separation of adult and pediatric patients, acute and non-acute patients.
- Dedicated pediatric pre-operative area which allows for parents to stay with their children until they are taken into surgery.
- Patient and family amenities - a dedicated pediatric surgery waiting area separate from the adult waiting area.
- Enhanced patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Child Life staff to help prepare children for what to expect before, during and after the surgery process.
- On-site cafe for convenience of family members waiting for their loved ones.
- Elevator with direct access to the cafeteria for meals.
- Pagers to alert family members when their child is out of surgery.
Take a tour of our Surgery Center.