Volunteers at Jones Regional Medical Center make a difference for our patients, families and staff at our hospital. We have opportunities for both men and women as escorts, assisting our specialty clinics, baking cookies, providing clerical support, and more. A typical volunteer assignment is once a week for 2-4 hours.
Steps to becoming a volunteer:
- Have a desire to help and become a part of our health care team.
- Complete a volunteer application (including contact information for 3 personal references).
- Complete a simple health screening at no cost to you. A seasonal flu vaccine is required.
- Pass a criminal background and dependent adult/child abuse registry check.
- Attend a placement interview/orientation session.
- Complete necessary training.
If you are interested in learning more about the Jones Regional Medical Center volunteer program, please contact Cali Beals or Sheila Tjaden.
Pam Goodyear, Volunteer & Community Development Associate
(319) 481-6326 or Email: Pamela.Goodyear@unitypoint.org
Sheila Tjaden, Director, Community Development
(319) 481-6118 or Email: Sheila.Tjaden@unitypoint.org