- Medication counseling
- Medication therapy management
- Major prescription plans accepted including United Healthcare, CVS Caremark, Express Scripts, Humana and HealthPartners.
- Prescription mail-out and delivery
- Convenient drive-thru or curbside prescription pick-up available
- Medical record synchronization with UnityPoint Clinic
- Prescription refill voicemail available 24/7
- Over-the-counter medications
- Immunization services
The Prairie Parkway Pharmacy is located at 5100 Prairie Parkway in Cedar Falls. The building is east of Highway 58 between Greenhill Rd. and Viking Rd.
The Allen Clinic Pharmacy is located at 146 W Dale St. in Waterloo. Use Allen Hospital Entrance 2.
Free Medication Delivery
Having a tough time getting to the pharmacy? Have your medications brought to your door. Allen Clinic Pharmacy and Prairie Parkway Pharmacy now offer medication delivery! Call (319) 235-3777 in Waterloo or (319) 222-2906 in Cedar Falls.
Curbside or Drive-thru Pick-up at Our Retail Pharmacies
Drive-thru and Curbside options are great grab and go options!
Allen Clinic Pharmacy — call (319) 235-3777, option 3 to have your prescription delivered to your car
Prairie Parkway Pharmacy — call (319) 222-2906 ext 4 to have your prescription ready before coming to the drive-thru
$5 Medication Plan
Don't have prescription insurance? Take advantage of the $5 medication plan available at UnityPoint Health pharmacies to save money on medications not offered at a discount through other retail pharmacies.
Pill Box Program
Have a hard time keeping track of what pills should be taken when? Use our pill box system and we'll pre-sort your medications by day and time of day.
Call the pharmacy to sign up. Cost is $15 per month plus co-pays (or insurance medication charges) and the initial cost of two medication boxes.
The boxes are filled on a weekly or biweekly basis (whichever you prefer).
To get started, you'll need to bring in all of your home medications so we can get your boxes set up. After that, we keep all your medications in the pharmacy and use them to refill your boxes as needed.
Refill Reminder Program
Prescription auto refill service is now available. Let us know which of your medications you want to refill and never worry about requesting a refill again.
Sign up today and let us handle refilling your prescriptions. We don't currently have an online sign-up option, it's important that we talk to you when you sign up so we can tailor the service to meet your needs.
Here's how it works:
- Call the pharmacy and let us know which prescription(s) you want us to fill every month or every 3 months.
- We will also need to know your contact information, method of payment, and if you want to pick up your refill or have it mailed to you.
- When it's time to refill your medication, the pharmacy will call you to let you know it has been refilled and is ready to be dispensed.
Medication disposal practices commonly used today compromise the integrity of water supplies. Unused and expired drugs pile up in home medicine cabinets, which increase the likelihood for teenagers, elderly, pets, or others to misuse or abuse them.
The MedSafe program aims to reverse these trends by providing the public with a safe, easy way to properly dispose of unwanted and expired medications. The MedSafe receptacle is available at Allen Clinic Pharmacy and Prairie Parkway Pharmacy at any time during business hours to dispose of controlled or non-controlled medications.
Personalized Medication Management
A New Approach to Pharmacy
You are what we care about most, and why we offer Medication Management for people with diabetes, COPD, hepatitis C and other chronic conditions. This personalized approach gives you access to a pharmacy specialist who will partner with you, and your care team, to monitor your health and adjust medications as needed to improve your overall health.
What is Medication Management?
A clinical pharmacy specialist partners with your care team to coordinate and effectively manage
your medications. This approach is especially beneficial with complex chronic conditions.If your doctor determines you would benefit from medication management, you'll meet with a clinical pharmacy specialist to begin management of your medication therapies.
- Provides personalized medication education
- Closely follows medication effects and adjusts medications and doses, as needed
- Improves quality of care and health
- Checks drug interactions
- Works with insurance companies to minimize cost and hassles
Our Medication Management Location
Waterloo Medication Management Department
Allen Memorial Hospital
1731 W Ridgeway
Waterloo, IA 50701
United Medical Park Medication Management Department
Allen Memorial Hospital
1825 Logan Ave.
Waterloo, IA 50703