Fill your prescription at UnityPoint Health – Prairie Parkway
When you visit urgent care or your provider's office at Prairie Parkway, ask to pick up your medication as you leave at the on-site pharmacy
Want to transfer your prescriptions to pick up on your schedule? Call us at (319) 222-2906 and our staff will take care of the rest.
Request prescription refills using the MyChart app on your computer, smart phone or tablet and receive notifications when they are ready for pick-up.
- Medication counseling
- Medication therapy management
- Major prescription plans accepted including United Healthcare, CVS Caremark, Express Scripts, Humana and HealthPartners.
- Prescription mail-out and delivery
- Medical record synchronization with UnityPoint Clinic
- Prescription refill voicemail available 24/7
- Over-the-counter medications
- Convenient drive-thru window (Prairie Parkway)
- Immunization services
Having a tough time getting to the pharmacy? Have your medications brought to your door. Allen Clinic Pharmacy and Prairie Parkway Pharmacy now offer medication delivery!
$5 Medication Plan
Don't have prescription insurance? Take advantage of the $5 medication plan available at UnityPoint Health pharmacies to save money on medications not offered at a discount through other retail pharmacies.
Pill Box Program
Have a hard time keeping track of what pills should be taken when? Use our pill box system and we'll pre-sort your medications by day and time of day.
Call the pharmacy to sign up. Cost is $15 per month plus co-pays (or insurance medication charges) and the initial cost of two medication boxes.
The boxes are filled on a weekly or biweekly basis (whichever you prefer).
To get started, you'll need to bring in all of your home medications so we can get your boxes set up. After that, we keep all your medications in the pharmacy and use them to refill your boxes as needed.
Refill Reminder Program
Never Reorder, never wait, and never go without your medication
Prescription auto refill service is now available. Let us know which of your medications you want to refill and never worry about requesting a refill again.
Sign up today and let us handle refilling your prescriptions. We don't currently have an online sign-up option, it's important that we talk to you when you sign up so we can tailor the service to meet your needs.
Here's how it works:
- Call the pharmacy and let us know which prescription(s) you want us to fill every month or every 3 months.
- We will also need to know your contact information, method of payment, and if you want to pick up your refill or have it mailed to you.
- When it's time to refill your medication, the pharmacy will call you to let you know it has been refilled and is ready to be dispensed.
Purpose of MedSafe
Medication disposal practices commonly used today compromise the integrity of water supplies. Unused and expired drugs pile up in home medicine cabinets, which increase the likelihood for teenagers, elderly, pets, or others to misuse or abuse them.
The MedSafe program aims to reverse these trends by providing the public with a safe, easy way to properly dispose of unwanted and expired medications. The MedSafe receptacle is available at Allen Clinic Pharmacy and Prairie Parkway Pharmacy at any time during business hours to dispose of controlled or non-controlled medications.