Medical Record Requests
With visiting restrictions in effect, UnityPoint Health wants to continue to make sure you have access to your medical records. If you need a copy of your medical record, please visit MyUnityPoint, our secure patient website, to access your health information.
- Information about registering for MyUnityPoint can be found by visiting chart.myunitypoint.org
- If you need assistance using or enrolling for MyUnityPoint, please call the support team at (877) 224-4430.
You may also request a copy of your medical record by:
- Contacting the Health Information Management Department at (319) 235-3618
- Emailing the Health Information Management Department at UPH_AMH_ROI@unitypoint.org
- When sending us an email, please include:
- Your full name – first, middle and last names
- Date of birth
- A phone number where we can reach you
- A full description of the information you want to obtain
- Submitting a "Contact Us" request on the hospital website:
- Click on "Contact Us" – located in the top right corner of the home page
- Fill out the indicated required fields
- In the field "Who do you have a question or comment for?" select "Medical Records"
Thank you for your understanding during this critical time.
Allen's Health Information Services (HIS) department is staffed by trained professionals that manage your patient health information and medical record. They are committed to the timely and accurate collection of health information and its storage, retention, and disclosure. Our HIS professionals ensure your information is kept private, secure, and is in accordance with federal and state regulations.
How do I get a copy of my medical records?
Obtaining a copy of your Allen Hospital medical record is easy. To start your request, simply print, complete and sign the Authorization to Disclose Protected Health Information form and mail or fax back to us. Please complete each section of the form and include your signature and date. Unsigned or incomplete forms cannot be processed.
Your request will be processed and fulfilled within five working days. We will either mail your copy to the address specified on the authorization form, or you may pick up your copy from our offices located at the address below between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please bring photo identification with you.
There is a fee for copies based on the type of request and the number of copies made. We will let you know by telephone how much the total charge will be once we retrieve your records from our archives.
Please send the completed form to:
Attention: ROI Specialist
1825 Logan Avenue
Waterloo, IA 50703
Or fax to: (319) 235-3191