Congratulations to our 2016 Great Iowa Nurses!
Four nurses at UnityPoint Health – Allen Hospital and two more at Community Memorial Hospital have been recognized on the 2016 list of 100 Great Iowa Nurses.
- Jan Erpelding (Jesup), clinical recruiter, Allen Hospital
- Kathy Howard (Sumner), surgery, Community Memorial Hospital
- Sheila Markham (Cedar Falls), emergency department, Allen Hospital
- Susie Meyer (Sumner), emergency department, Community Memorial Hospital
- Jennifer Nagel (Dunkerton), operating room, Allen Hospital
- Amanda Wagner (Waterloo), NICU, Allen Hospital
In all, over 500 Iowa nurses were nominated for this honor. Those nominations came in from patients, colleagues and friends. Committee members then looked for those who made meaningful, lasting contributions to their patients, colleagues and the nursing profession, and are viewed as mentors to other nursing professionals. Those selected are known for courage, competence and commitment to the field of nursing.
“This honor is a testament to the great work being done by these nurses each and every day,” said UnityPoint Health – Allen Hospital President and CEO Pam Delagardelle. “To even by nominated takes a commitment to providing great care, and this award is something to be proud of.”
The nurses will be honored at the 12th annual celebration of Iowa’s Great Nurses on May 1 at the Iowa Events Center’s Community Choice Credit Union in Des Moines. The event is a prelude to National Nurses Week, May 6-12.
This statewide program is made possible through the support of sponsors. The Iowa Nurses Association, Iowa Nurses Foundation and the University of Iowa College of Nursing collaborate on this project each year.
To see the entire list, visit www.greatnurses.org.