President Passes Physical with Flying Colors. Would You?
President Barack Obama is one of the busiest men in the United States, but he’s still found time to get a physical. It is proof that you can make time too. President Obama completed his fourth periodic physical exam of his presidency this February. The physician to the President, Dr. Ronny Jackson, M.D., recently made President Obama’s test results available online.
In his summary, Dr. Jackson says the President’s overall health remains excellent and is improved from his last formal exam in June 2014. Dr. Jackson adds that the President’s efforts to stick to a healthy diet and a constant exercise program have resulted in an improved lean body mass and lower cholesterol levels. The doctor says the results show the President is very healthy and is expected to remain so for the duration of his presidency.
You can see how your numbers compare to the President’s results. Here’s what the physician released:
- Age: 54 years, 6 months
- Height: 73.5 inches
- Weight: 175 pounds
- Body Mass Index: 22.8 kg/m2
- Resting heart rate: 56 bpm
- Blood Pressure: 110/68 mm Hg
- Pulse-oximetry: 98% room air
- Temperature: 97.8 degrees F
Physical Examination by System:
- Eyes: Visual fields were normal. Uncorrected bilateral visual acuity was 20/20.
- Head/Ears/Nose/Throat: Normal exam.
- Neck: Normal thyroid exam.
- Pulmonary: Lungs clear.
- Cardiac: Heart exam normal.
- Gastrointestinal: Normal exam.
- Musculoskeletal: Normal.
- Neurological: Examination of nerves, motor function and sensory system all normal.
- Dermatology: Skin exam normal.
- Total cholesterol: 188 (mg/dL)
- Triglycerides: 42 (mg/dL)
- HDL cholesterol: 68 (mg/dL)
- LDL cholesterol: 125 (mg/dL)
- Cholesterol to HDL radio: 2.8
- Fasting Blood Glucose: 83 (mg/dL)
- Vitamin D: 25.5 (ng/ml)
- PSA: 0.84 (ng/ml)
- Vitamin D: Daily to maintain normal Vitamin D levels.
- Nexium: As needed for occasional acid reflux symptoms.
- Nicotine Gum: Occasional use.
- Malarone: Chemoprophylasix, as indicated during global travel to malaria endemic areas.
- All travel vaccinations are up to date.
- Routine vaccinations, including seasonal influenza, are all up to date.
If you don’t know your numbers or haven’t gotten a physical exam in several years, contact your UnityPoint Health provider today to make an appointment.