#EatWellLiveWell: Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cups
Are you looking to change up your breakfast routine or for a healthy on-the-go option? Try these portable apple oatmeal breakfast cups! This delicious and nutritious muffin provides you with whole grain and fruit to start your day off strong. Pair it with peanut butter or a glass of milk to add some protein! Throw in other spices you enjoy to make this easy breakfast your own. You can even pop it in the microwave for a warm breakfast treat!
Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cups:
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Ready in: 45 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or oat flour
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large apples - peeled, cored, and chopped
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Make oat flour by food processing/blending oats, approximately 1 ¼ cup oats, until 1 cup oat flour is reached.
- Combine oats, oat flour, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add apples, yogurt, eggs, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract to oat mixture until batter is well mixed.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
227 calories, 9.9 grams of fat, 30.7 grams of carbs, 6.1 grams of protein, 42 mg of cholesterol, and 202 mg of sodium.
Sign-Up for LiveWell with UnityPoint Health Email Updates